Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Help! Bluetooth headset turning itself off when chat/skype stops

Help! Bluetooth headset turning itself off when chat/skype stops
Freeflyer
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2005, 02:49 AM

Hi all, I'm still trying to get my headset working reliably with my Tibook in Tiger. I think my bluetooth phone was causing problems and have turned the bluetooth off on that, which is making the connection more reliable.

However, when I stop a chat, or change the sound preference from headset to internal mic, the bluetooth disconnects the headset and the headset turns itself off. I would expect that it should just go back into standby, but it doesn't. So, when I next try and make a call or chat, I have to manually turn the headset on or the computer gets very confused. Took me a while to figure this out as I wasn't taking the headset off and didn't realise it was turning off completely.

Anyone have any idea why the headset would turn completely off, as it doesn't do that after making a call with the cellphone.

Tibook 1ghz, dlink bt adaptor, latest firmware, latest tiger version. SE hbh-660 bt headset, Ericsson T39 phone.

Thanks,

Justin.
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out - Richard Dawkins

lungaretta
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 2, 2005, 09:08 PM

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. Have you found a solution yet?

Regards
Lungaretta

Freeflyer  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 3, 2005, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by lungaretta
Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. Have you found a solution yet?

Regards
Lungaretta
No, I'm afraid not. I've posted to various boards including the apple discussion forum. I've had some other people say they've had the same problem, but no-one has come up with a solution. I'm very, very annoyed about it.

J.
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out - Richard Dawkins

CubeWannaB
Forum Regular
Aug 4, 2005, 04:57 PM

I have the hbh-600 headset as well and it works pretty much flawlessly with Skype. It will work with my phone - a k750i - when I make a call or switch to skype when that's what I'm using. No problem. I have never once seen it turn itself off, except when it runs out of battery. When that happens it doesn't bother to wait until the end of the call

Are you sure it turns itself off? Have you tried immediately making another skype call or call on your phone to see if it will reconnect?

Freeflyer  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 4, 2005, 07:58 PM

Yeah, when it disconnects, I take it off my ear and it's definitely turned off. Nothing on the display and it takes 5 seconds pushing the button to make it come back on again. The battery is fully charged. It works fine with my phone, it's just with the powerbook that it's having problems.

Forum Links
Forum Rules