Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > PITArse Celebration- My 4th sucked.

PITArse Celebration- My 4th sucked.
KeriVit
Professional Poster
Jul 4, 2007, 09:07 PM

My 4th sucked.

My other half had to work 6-11 PM. Joy.

Met with one set of friends AFTER they were sposed to be here to MAKE dinner. They were too tired from drinking half the day way and led me through a yawn induced 90 minutes at Logan's. I ate by myself - an order they got wrong btw- while they argued over drinking nothing or not.

I stayed for one more beer cuz I'm pumped up to have them go to bed. My oldest friend calls, she's in trouble, broke up with her gf and MAY have charges against her. Says she is not doing well and has fled to FLA. I ask her to call tomorrow as I am out w/ friends.

I get home, the neighbor is settin off some MILD fireworks.I decide to walk the dogs and join him. He's a sweet guy.

My small dog takes off like a shot, not impressed with the fireworks throughout the neighborhood. I hunt the bastard down- fortunately I put his lit collar charm on him. Got him back and kicked his ... nothin- I gave him a cookie.

Back to the neighbor. I join him as I do some nights for a game of darts in his garage and some sparks- his wife got pissed earlier b cuz he lit a firework b4 she was outside and has insisted the fun is over within 15 minutes. No darts. Lights off- she says. Raving beeatch.

I go home, my dog that is 11 and never peed in the house has pissed on the floor. It can only be her by the size of the stain on the carpet. The fresh new kitten won't stop crying. The other pets are running rampant in the house.

I have 90 minutes to kill b4 the other half gets home, but I'm drained from my stunning night.

SO! How was yours?

PS- the neighbor gave me the rest of the fireworks for wnhen J gets home.
( Last edited by KeriVit; Jul 4, 2007 at 10:51 PM. )

KeriVit  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 4, 2007, 09:10 PM

I just wanted a chili dog and a beer, is that so bad?Q!?

ghporter
Administrator
Jul 4, 2007, 10:31 PM

Not bad at all, guy. My wife worked 7am to 7pm, and the folks we were supposed to have dinner with after she got home had to cancel because one of 'em got sick. It rained most of the day. I couldn't do a lot of the things I'd planned today because my son had company (they'd dropped another friend at the airport at about 3am and had to sleep it off) so I couldn't even rattle around in my own house.

But...my wife got home, we nuked some burgers and had some good beer (British, but hey-it's GOOD beer!) and things got better. Then the fireworks started and all of our spirits lifted.

Sorry you had such a bummer of a day, but put it in context and you'll feel better. And happy 4th!

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Jul 4, 2007, 10:47 PM

My 4th was about as exciting as a Sunday.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2007, 01:53 AM

My 4th was lame, but turned around at the final hour. Ran around, visited people who I mostly dislike, yatta yatt yah. Daughter crashes out for a seroius snooze fest. I am left, a serious pyromaniac with a two boxes of stuff to torch, and no one to watch.
Daughter wakes up and asks if it we can set off fireworks. Score! It was late at night, the neighbors were just finiashing off their stuff and we roll out a pile of stuff. But that's neither here nor there.
Last time I loaded up on fireworks the place threw in some idiotic turtle things. 2 boxes of 'em. 12 stupid turtles total. They shot flames out their arse and mouth, kinda like Gamera after a rough drinking binge. They were not worth the map gas used to light them, really. So on the last one my daughter places it upon a pyramid I've built of spent fountains. I explain to her that she should make a burnt offering to the Turtle God and explain that she has to say something to try and please the Turtle God, for he is an angry God. So she ponders for but a second and says "Oh Turtle God, Your shell is so bright and shiny, but I think you are silly because you wear it backwards." Then she does a very elaborate bow before the fireworks pyre and I light it.

Yah, I have a twisted 6 year old and she rocks! Totally made my fourth!
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

KisforKennedy
Baninated
Jul 5, 2007, 02:13 AM

Mine was lame also. I slept in til 1:20pm, woke up, ate some PBJ and Milk, layed around, did some laundry, played some UT, layed around, did more laundry, attempted to poach eggs for about an hour but failed miserably (**** POACHED EGGS), ended up making eggs benedict minus the poached eggs, it was still good, layed around, went biking with the dog, bought some beer, came home, had a beer, talked with wife, went to bed.

Lame. I didn't even see fireworks, except from my window. Ugh.

zro
Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2007, 02:23 AM

My 4th was over 110º and the electric company announced a rate hike. ****ers.

But overall it was pretty nice. Even if the joint we stopped to get some grub and milkshakes didn't have any milkshakes.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 5, 2007, 03:21 AM

We made a few dry ice bombs...they were pretty loud

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2007, 04:39 AM

I worked all day and most of the evening because our mail server died..
we don't have time to stop for gas

Scifience
Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2007, 08:21 AM

I went to see a movie, and on the way home from the theater managed to get a glimpse at the fireworks displays of a number of cities.

Really rather dull, all things considered. Some day I'm going to do the 4th right.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Jul 5, 2007, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I worked all day and most of the evening because our mail server died..
No one cares! You're not even American!

Hi

KeriVit  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 5, 2007, 01:56 PM

Well, the little legal fireworks thing we did at midnite turned out to be fun. All is well on the 5th!

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2007, 03:39 PM

I was DD for the night with a bunch of really drunk friends. I was not happy at all.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2007, 04:33 PM

Woke up at around 9 in New York City, packed our bags and got on a train to Newark Airport. Surfed the internet on EDGE because I refused to pay $7.99 to use Newark Airport's wireless network. Got home in Tampa, had dinner and watched some fireworks from our balcony.

Nothing too exciting.

CollinG3G4
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 6, 2007, 01:17 PM

Well, about an hour before the annual city fireworks, fierce rain began to fall from the sky. The rain did not detour people from lighting fireworks though. Driving in the suburbs was painful since the smoke and rain were difficult to see through. It has never rained on the 4th before here in Wichita.

I spent the night at a friend's party. It was actually quite fun since my friends from Germany are in town. On that note, i've never met a young German person that does not get high.

Forum Links
Forum Rules