Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater

Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater
waxcrash
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2004, 06:40 PM

I picked up this game over the weekend and have been playing for a few days. All I can say is this is one of the best PS2 games. The graphics are incredible and really makes the PS2 shine. The story-line is cool � takes place in the 60's in Russia. If you liked the first Metal Gear on the PS1 then you will definitely like Metal Gear 3. Anyone else playing it?

TubaMuffins
Senior User
Nov 23, 2004, 06:50 PM

i plan on buying it right after xmas cause i need to save up money for presents, unless of course i receive it for a present. I thought i read that there was no more radar like in Sons of Liberty.

LegendaryPinkOx
Senior User
Nov 24, 2004, 12:17 AM

I assume that if it takes place in the 60's there would be no nano-machines, personal radar "nerds," and the like. And Please no more Raiden!!!
are you lightfooted?

waxcrash  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 24, 2004, 11:13 AM

Originally posted by TubaMuffins:
I thought i read that there was no more radar like in Sons of Liberty.
You are right. No radar, which makes you look around your environment for the enemy a lot more. You do have sonar which you can ping to see what is around you but if you use it too much you drain the batteries.

Forum Links
Forum Rules