Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Treo 680, Blackberry 8700c, or Samsung Blackjack?

Treo 680, Blackberry 8700c, or Samsung Blackjack?
cspuryear
Nov 30, 2006, 11:44 AM

My wife has a Powerbook G4 and has just started her own business. She wants to be able to access her email on the go, and I'm trying to figure out which phone from Cingular I should get her for Christmas. I can get a pretty good discount through the company I work for, but wanted some input as to which has the best connection/sync/software for Mac OSX.

I clearly know that the Palm will work, and that there is shareware out there for the Blackberry (and maybe even the WM5 devices), but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
--------Insert Catchy Tagline Here--------

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 30, 2006, 05:41 PM

Cingular 8525 (HTC TyTN)

This feature-packed PDA phone builds on the popular 8125 / Wizard by adding HSDPA high-speed data and a side scroll wheel, and stepping up to stereo Bluetooth and a 2 megapixel camera, all in a thinner package. Other features are similar, including a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, Windows Mobile 5, Wi-Fi, and a memory card slot.

HTC TyTN / 8525 / JasJam / Hermes Specs & Features (Phone Scoop)

-----------

It's super feature packed, and my roommate has the older T-Mobile version of this phone and it works with Sailing Clicker, etc. on his Mac.

Include it in the handsets that you check out. (Not to be confused with the 8125, which is still selling at Cingular I believe, and is also made by HTC)
ice

Nivag
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2006, 06:51 PM

i've got a Blackberry 8700G and the latest release of PocketMac works well with Entourage's address book and calendar - Apple's own iCal and Address book work well too.
The syncing of the Inbox is very patchy from what i've tried. i don't bother doing it, all sent emails from the 8700G get Bcc'd to another email so i've got a copy of what's been sent.

Other than that it does the job.

good size screen though not really a pocket phone, but seeing it's for your wife there's a good chance she'll have a bag.

The Blackberry Pearl is good as well, thinner in width than the 8700G - could be worth a look

Forum Links
Forum Rules