Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Favorite ResEdit Tricks

Favorite ResEdit Tricks
mcapehart
Mar 29, 2000, 06:46 PM

Forgive my insolence, but I finally bothered to grab a copy of ResEdit, to try the Apple Logo Trick in a recent issue of MacAddict. The one where you change the Apple Menu icon? Anyway, it didn't work for me, I don't know why. But it led me to think, what are some of everyone's favorite tricks to do use with ResEdit? Put em here, and how to do them, to teach everyone things they may not have known!

------------------
-------------------------
The Man, the Myth, the something or other.
-------------------------
The Man, the Myth, the something or other.

wlonh
Professional Poster
Mar 29, 2000, 06:52 PM

ever hear of resexcellence.com?

that's where my faves come from

jlbanker
Forum Regular
Mar 30, 2000, 02:03 PM

I noticed at the end of the Mac Addict article that both guys had to do a clean install and I noticed while trying to mess with MacOS9 it is more of a risk then previous system softwares... I still have an old performa 550 with 7.5.5 and still play with resedit on it since with my iBook andiMac I don't care if I completely trash my performa.

Adam Silver
Mac Elite
Mar 30, 2000, 06:17 PM

My favorite trick is switching the empty trash and filled trash icons (on somone else's computer).

lycaon
Forum Regular
Mar 30, 2000, 08:50 PM

My favourite trick is changing the Large System Font. Sorry, but I don't like Charcoal, Chicago, Sand, etc� Added Verdana for a cleaner look!

ResExcellence provides easy step-by-step instructions for this. It was my first ResEdit! (and will always have a special place in my heart) :'�)

Cipher13
Apr 1, 2000, 03:05 AM

I have had ResEdit forever, and the best way to get to know it is, as with all thing to do with computers, is to muck around with it. Copy the System and Finder and play around inside them...
If you can, grab a copy of Super ResEdit 2.4 (2.1.3) - I like it much better than normal ResEdit 3.0. Especially the interface - its a lot faster to use when you get used to it - easier to recognise resources you're looking for.

Forum Links
Forum Rules