Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Ipod Nano Nike + Sport Kit for running

Ipod Nano Nike + Sport Kit for running
Irun
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 9, 2006, 12:19 AM

I heard that the Ipod Nano Nike + Sport running kit can be used without the Nike shoes. I did a search on E-bay for these "pouches" (search "nike ipod pouch") that hold the sensor and came up with these: eBay: Pouch for iPod Nano Nike + Sport Kit Sensor Tested!! (item 130024303368 end time Sep-13-06 04:32:41 PDT)

Does anyone know if they work - it seems pretty simple, cheap, and conceptually easy??!?! Thanks.

torifile
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2006, 08:34 PM

There's an even cheaper way to do it. Get some velcro with adhesive. Stick half on your tongue, the other half on the sensor. I've been using it this way for a few weeks and I've had no problems. Search for "podophile" for a site with pictures.

mrgaskell
Senior User
Sep 12, 2006, 01:38 AM

I had a pouch for mine for a while. Just make sure you pack it tight in there so it doesn't bounce around. I ended up making a small incision in the tongue of my shoe, just enough to get past the outside material and placed the sensor on the foam, under the material and put a small piece of ducktape over it. Can't really notice it on my Asics and accuracy of the sensor has improved.
BlackBook 2Ghz C2D, 2GB, 120GB HD | Black 80GB iPod 5.5 | 8GB Red iPod Nano |
Check out my personal and classroom sites!

Elektrix
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 12, 2006, 08:26 PM

Marware sells a pouch for $10:

Marware Laptop and iPod Cases - Apple iPod Accessories and iPod nano Case Styles

This is also available along with a special armband/wristband case that is designed specifically to hold the Nano and the Nike sensor, for a total price of $30:

Marware Laptop and iPod Cases - Apple iPod Accessories and iPod nano Case Styles

Steve
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 13, 2006, 04:41 PM

The Marware armband/wristband looks pretty nice. Has anyone here used it?

It's out of stock from the Marware store you linked and the other retailers that I checked. Is there another retailer that has it in stock?

You remind me my wife… why you laugh? She dead. | sasper at gmail dot com

Elektrix
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 13, 2006, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Steve
The Marware armband/wristband looks pretty nice. Has anyone here used it?

It's out of stock from the Marware store you linked and the other retailers that I checked. Is there another retailer that has it in stock?
Probably not, it was only even announced a little while ago, and I think they announced it h ad started shipping last week.

Also, just for anyone who is curious, I e-mailed Marware to ask them if the new iPod Nano will fit just fine as well, and they said that it should, but also mentioned that they are making some modifications and to keep an eye on their site in the next few days.

-Elektrix

Forum Links
Forum Rules