Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > AT&T refurbished iphone 16gb white

AT&T refurbished iphone 16gb white
Golden Halo
Dec 27, 2008, 05:21 PM

I just bought at refurbished 16gb iphone white. It should be here on monday. I am now reading some of the downfalls of buying a refurb. from AT&T such as the shorter warranty time and the fact that it has been used by someone else. I am willing to over look the fact that the phone was held to someone else's head for a few weeks and save 100 bucks since I really wanted the extra storage and the white back without being comfortable dropping 300 for it. I am slightly concern in scratch damage though. Has anyone ever purchased there iphone like this? If so i'd like to hear your stories, good and bad. Thanks!

-Rob
15.4" Macbook Pro 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, 500GB HD @ 7,200rpm. 20" iMac Intel Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 256 VRAM, 250 GB HD. Pro apps: Final Cut Studio, and Logic Pro 8.

dosequis09
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 29, 2008, 04:10 PM

I too was looking to buy a refurb iPhone from ATT. However, I already have service with them. Do you know if I will have to re-up for another two years?

scottiB
Professional Poster
Dec 29, 2008, 05:27 PM

Yes. Refurb or not, your contract is extended by two years.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Dec 30, 2008, 12:18 AM

could you end up with an 8 - 16 year contract if you keep losing your iPhone and going back for another one?

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

Golden Halo  (op)
Jan 1, 2009, 03:12 PM

I was kinda wondering about that as well. If my iPhone breaks or is lost and I believe you are locked into the $30 a month charge for the unlimited web browsing, will I have to buy another iphone at cost pre-upgrade eledgable date? If this is the case I believe the 16gb iphone 3g is $500. Has anyone gone through this?

Also an update on my purchase. As of right now I am a little unhappy. I made the order online on saturday dec. 27th. Then 2 days later I get an e-mail saying I need to varify my identity. So after taking all day to get through to the customer service my order gets put through. This being on monday and the phone is said to be 2-day air shipping I track the order and is set to be delivered on wed. the 31st. Okay, not bad but when no package was delivered by the time I got home from work I track the package again and it said UPS is having trouble getting a correct street number. UPS is currently trying to get this info. So I call UPS hoping there drivers were still out and I could give them the right address. "All drivers are no longer here and will be delivered on friday." So not i'm pretty disappointed because a: I ordered the phone saturday. b: never once in my 7 years of service with cingular/AT&T did they get my address wrong while sending a bill. c: If my house number is 701 and the package says 791 and the block only goes up to 74? and starts at the next hundred on the next block, maybe the UPS guy could have knocked on my door to see if anyone ordered a package and maybe there was a typo in the 701 791 mixup. Worst part about this is my mom saw the UPS guy driving down the street around 9am and that is when it was shown on the tracking information that there were complications with the street number. Maybe i'm over reacting. I just want my iPhone after months of waiting to get to my upgrade date!!! After all of this I kinda wish I spent the extra hundred bucks on a new, longer warranty i phone in the apple box and went to the apple store since I will be going there once I get my phone in to purchase a case. Sorry but I had to vent a bit. Thanks.
15.4" Macbook Pro 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, 500GB HD @ 7,200rpm. 20" iMac Intel Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 256 VRAM, 250 GB HD. Pro apps: Final Cut Studio, and Logic Pro 8.

spacecadet610
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2009, 03:13 AM

FWIW, the refurb warranty is actually 1 year.

Even if it says less than one yr online, Apple will adjust your warranty length if you provide proof of purchase date

Forum Links
Forum Rules