Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Upgraded Power Mac G4 and Samsung LCD

FS: Upgraded Power Mac G4 and Samsung LCD
imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jun 1, 2007, 05:35 PM

All right, looks like it's time to part with my precious Power Mac G4. I've had it since only January. I got it for $250 back then. It was in not very pretty cosmetic condition, but I've done a ton to make it pretty. Only one scratch and it's not to noticable. Since I've gotten her I've replaced the RAM. It's got 640Mb right now. It's got a fairly new 80 Gb 7,200 RPM hard drive. Also it has a 16x Dual Layer DVD burner which is a very fast unit. I recently put in a Radeon 9800 Pro with 128 Mb of VRAM so it'll run games like Jedi Academy with no problem. I also put a quiet Intec fan in it which has 4 blue LEDs. Even with the Radeon it's quieter than stock. I took out the original speaker to help some air flow through to keep the Radeon cool. Oh yeah, it's a 533 MHz G4. It's a great Mac for messing around on the web and iLife '06 and Tiger runs very well on it. I'll sell this baby for $350 obo shipped including an almost brand new Apple white keyboard and the power cable. I've put about $300 into her just since January.

I also have a Samsung SynMaster 730b LCD for sale. I got it brand new in December and I have the original box and power cable and VGA cable. It's a great display, very bright, but it does have a little dark spot on the left side. Not noticable unless you really look for it, but just being honest. I'll sell it for $110 shipped obo by itself, or give a discount if you buy it with the Power Mac. I'll have pictures up later. You can reply here, email me at [email protected], chat at [email protected], or PM me with questions or offers.Thanks for looking!
( Last edited by imitchellg5; Jun 1, 2007 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Added contact information.)

imitchellg5  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jun 2, 2007, 06:21 PM

All right, I've uploaded pictures here:
Power Mac G4 for sale - a photoset on Flickr

imitchellg5  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jun 5, 2007, 05:38 PM

Bump. Make offers I guess. I really need to sell this to pay for a new Mac.

imitchellg5  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jun 8, 2007, 04:58 PM

Final bump before eBay. Over 150 views and no offers? Sad day.

bballe336
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 8, 2007, 08:15 PM

Your price is simply too high for the forums. But, comparably specced machines go for your asking price on ebay, so if you are set on $350 then try there.

gnomexp
Forum Regular
Jun 9, 2007, 02:59 PM

Agreed. Unfortunately, you're selling a Graphite G4, not a Mirror-Door or a Quicksilver, which truly merit the price.

Good luck!

papadopolis
Forum Regular
Jun 24, 2007, 11:54 AM

I am in need of an LCD can I buy it if you have not sold it by the end of mid-to end of july?

imitchellg5  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jun 24, 2007, 02:21 PM

I sent you a PM.

Forum Links
Forum Rules