Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Develop Cartoon Campaign Ads

Develop Cartoon Campaign Ads
LVzardoz
Apr 18, 2004, 02:21 PM

The Apple community is well known for having some of the most creative and artistic members.

Are you against George Bush? If you'd really like to help get rid of American President George Bush, perhaps you can put your creativity to the task and even create a TV ad that will be seen by millions.

I have seen a lot of political ads on American TV both pro and anti-George Bush. Most seem too unfocused or complex for the average guy. I really think that TV CARTOON ads would be more effective because they get to the point quickly and you can say things using humor that might be too blunt in other contexts.

If you'd like to help, I've thought up a few anti-Bush cartoon ads but I lack the artistic graphics skills to do much with them. I'm sure many of you could develop them better than me or even create new ones that can then be forwarded to MoveOn.org or the Media Fund for evaluation for wider distribution on TV.

I value your feedback and participation. We really need to get rid of this dangerous, illegitimate President for the good of the USA and the world.

(1) TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH CARTOON:

Announcer: President Bush says he loves tax cuts (image of big valentines heart throbbing in and out)

Hey, why not !!!!

Cartoon of Bush throwing money in the air and yelling "YIPPEE"

This year George Bush got a $31,000 tax cut

Cartoon of Cheney with oil well in background and overstuffed suitcase full of money

This year Vice President Cheney got an $89,000 tax cut

IMAGE OF BIG QUESTION MARK "??" and chorus of "huh???????"

Oh, by the way, how much did YOU get?

==============

(2) SOUTHPARK THEME:

Bush and Cheney as southpark bank robbers counting money:

CHENEY: money from big Oil companies: 2.3 gazillion dollars

BUSH: money from big drug companies: 3.4 gazillion dollars

CHENEY: money from ENRON, WORLDCOM, HALLIBURTON and RUPERT MURDOCH: 1.5 gazillion dollars

BUSH (big grin): being able to hoodwink the American public all over again: PRICELESS

==============

(3) THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES

A cartoon scene in the style of the old "Fractured Fairy Tales"
(Rocky & Bullwinkle show):

Bush dressed up in layers of fancy royal clothes waving to the tattered clothed masses below.

Quote a false statement made by Bush and take away part of his clothes with a WHOOSH sound.

Repeat another false statement made by Bush and take away another piece, etc.

After all clothes are gone and a naked cartoon Bush is still walking waving to the crowd, have a young boy shout out "but, mom, he has no clothes" and have a chorus of "ahhs!?" come from the crowd.

After hearing the crowd, naked Bush crosses his hands over his genital area and displays an embarrassed smile.

Word from an announcer: "we've heard falsehoods, exaggerations and excuses from George Bush for four long years. Is it really that hard to see the naked truth?"

--- Bob Carroll, Las Vegas
( Last edited by LVzardoz; Apr 18, 2004 at 02:45 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules