Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Enabling iTunes while using iSight?

Enabling iTunes while using iSight?
hmccorkle
Sep 6, 2005, 03:27 AM

Any clue on how to enable iTunes while in a conference?
elitesouth.com
fine web design for business and individuals

inkhead
Senior User
Sep 6, 2005, 06:21 PM

what do you mean enable? You want to play your itunes over what? You have an 1/8 stereo jack in the back of your computer if you plug that in your computer sound will play out of whatever its' hooked up too.

Instead of making stupid posts why don't you explain exactly what you are trying to do?

hmccorkle  (op)
Sep 6, 2005, 07:48 PM

If you understood my problem you'd know to either post an answer or not.

Let's walk through it.

"Any clue on how to enable iTunes while in a conference?"

Obviously iChat AV disables any foreign audio from playing while I am in a conference, regardless of if it's through speakers or headphones. And by conference I mean being in a Video Chat with anybody.

So!

Any clue on how to enable iTunes while in a conference?

Make sense? You only have 26 more posts than I do. Don't think I'm an idiot because I didn't post a schematic for you to help YOU understand ME. Most people around these forums are somewhat smart and can figure out my simple question by actually looking at it.

Get some sense man and come back later.
elitesouth.com

iDriveX
Mac Elite
Sep 6, 2005, 08:35 PM

So I was about to post how it was in some sort of a preference pane somewhere but I have NO CLUE where it is. I searched System Preferences, I searched iChat Prefs, I searched iTunes Prefs and I even looked on VersionTracker to see if there was some freeware app that would do it. I can't find any.

I'll be honest with you though, video conferencing and audio chatting take a good amount of processor power, I don't think you'd like the results of your computer decoding Mp3s and doing one of the aformentioned items.

Version 4.0 - Now Powered By iWeb

hmccorkle  (op)
Sep 6, 2005, 09:16 PM

Thank you iDriveX. All that makes sense, and thanks for going through all the same things I went through to help me try to solve the problem.

-Chris
elitesouth.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules