Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Dented PB's AppleCare still valid?

Dented PB's AppleCare still valid?
KidKit
Forum Regular
Mar 14, 2005, 11:16 PM

Wondering if any of you have any experience on this... my PB kissed the ground today and earned itself a dented corner. Cosmetic damage and the power plug now sticks out at a very slight angle. Thank goodness everything works. It hurts, but oh well...

My question is: will Apple still honor the AppleCare for the rest of the machine or would any sign of physical damage be an issue should future problems arise? Just wondering if I am on my own from here on and should just cancel AppleCare ...

thanks in advance!
mavafyipdq

senseigmg
Forum Regular
Mar 15, 2005, 01:34 AM

I dented mine late january, took it in to get an estimate for amex to repair it(pay for it). The genius said that as long as hey look at it(open it up), and diagnose it as no hardware damage, it should still be fine. Talk to your local genius to make sure though.
Blackbook 2.4ghz/250gb/2gb

SEkker
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2005, 11:35 AM

My 2 year old PB17 has a scratch and a one obvious dent in its al casing.

It's been in to Apple Care at least 3 times on unrelated issues, and they've not said a thing.

KidKit  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 15, 2005, 11:34 PM

Good to know, I am less bothered about the dent now. Guess I was just being paranoid about some of the nightmare AppleCare stories that you get in this forum.

Thanks guys, you all are what makes this community a great help.
mavafyipdq

Forum Links
Forum Rules