Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Halo: Reach

View Poll Results: Are you buying it?
Poll Options:
Well, yeah! 7 votes (38.89%)
Probably. It's not at the top of my list though. 2 votes (11.11%)
Nope. I hate Halo. 6 votes (33.33%)
I'm holding off; I don't know if I'm interested anymore 3 votes (16.67%)
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll
Halo: Reach (Page 21)
Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 14, 2011, 12:08 PM

And the big weekly CR challenges continue. This week it's 15,000 CR to complete 200 waves of firefight. That should be easy considering each Firefight Arcade match is 15 waves.

I've also got 55 out of 56 achievements. Strangely enough, all without boosting. I finally got the If They Came to Hear Me Beg achievement this weekend by trying it on Nightfall. Got it on the 5th or 6th try. But I think I'm going to have to find a boosting party for that last achievement, You Ate all the Chips, where you have to get all the stockpile flags. I can't see getting that one without boosting, unless you get into a party where most of the opposing team quits.
( Last edited by Leonard; Feb 14, 2011 at 01:48 PM. )
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2011, 12:56 PM

Yeah, that's a tough one. Nobody votes for stockpile... ever.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 15, 2011, 09:47 PM

Some more new maps for Halo:Reach.

Halo: Reach Defiant Map Pack DLC Announced - Xbox 360 News at IGN

I'll enjoy having a new Firefight map. It's a little disappointing that there are only 3.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 16, 2011, 02:33 PM

Yeah, there's already videos of the new maps on YouTube.

Highlands (12-16 players):
YouTube - Highlands Halo Map

Condemned (8-12 players):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnThGM9eAsM

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 16, 2011, 04:18 PM

I also saw some rumors that there are another 150 achievement points coming with this new map. I haven't seen a list of achievements, though.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 16, 2011, 05:26 PM

The dude that uploaded the YouTube videos of the new maps posted this over in the xboxachievements forum.

I am not working for Bungie or Microsoft.
They have not asked me to takes these down as of now.
I have played them.
It is 800 Microsoft Points
There is a new armor ability available which counters armor lock for balance and the request of the community.(This is in an update, not the map pack, will come out near the same time)

There are new achievements.

One is a Firefight map

I played them in a beta-testing room

A new Covenant Forge World is in the works for the next map pack. There will be an outer space portion of the map. (This is in an update, not the map pack, will come out near the same time)
Covenant Forge World? F**k yeah!

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 16, 2011, 05:49 PM

There is a new armor ability available which counters armor lock for balance and the request of the community
I'm not sure why you need an armor ability to offset it. Armor lock has it's cons and pros like any other armor ability.

It's good if your team is close by, but you're if your team isn't around and your off on your own. I always considered the armor abilities a sort of perk, you have to chose the right one for the right advantage or use.

Frankly, those jet pack guys annoy me sometimes. I'd like an anti jetpack ability.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 16, 2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
I'm not sure why you need an armor ability to offset it. Armor lock has it's cons and pros like any other armor ability.
Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it. Shit like that doesn't happen because even extensive internal testing can't reveal all the different ways it can interact with and be used by players.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 16, 2011, 11:05 PM

I just haven't been annoyed by Armor Lock, except when I'm in a ghost. I've been by other things more, such as the shotgun or sniper rifle more! Even the jet pack ability has annoyed me more.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 17, 2011, 02:12 AM

Really? I find the jet pack is the most useless ability in this game. It takes forever to gain any altitude any your enemies can hear you all the way across the map. That "get 20 kills while jet packing" daily challenge Bungie had the other day was a real pain.

I haven't dealt with Armor Lock in awhile because I play mostly SWAT, Grifball and Firefight Arcade. But I will say this, the ability to pop up in any direction when you exit Armor Lock is complete bullshit. That needs to be fixed.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 17, 2011, 12:26 PM

The jet packs are a pain when they are in the air or they climb into the air out of site and outside of the radar (say behind a rock) and then you've got no idea where you're being shot from. As well it's harder to keep your target on them as they descend. And when a whole team of jetpack pros uses it , it's even more of a pain.

That "get 20 kills while jet packing" daily challenge Bungie had the other day was a real pain.
Yeah that's a pain for me too.

That you can pop out of armor lock from any angle doesn't really bother me.

Armor lock really doesn't last long enough to be a pain. Although if you wait sometimes and their team member comes, you can be in trouble. But then if a team-mate is coming, you have to change your strategy.

Anyways, I'll wait and see what they do. You have to pick an armor ability and stay with until you die anyways, and there is always pros and cons with that decision if you ask me. There are times when I wanted armor lock and I had speed.

Actually what REALLY annoys me about the armor abilities, is when they get reset, when that migrating to another host screen or a person leaving screen comes up. EVERY time after you get that screen come up, you lose your current armor ability. Good news is all the vehicles spawn after that screen too...
( Last edited by Leonard; Feb 17, 2011 at 12:36 PM. )
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 17, 2011, 12:31 PM

The only problem I had with Armor Lock was it seemed to highlight lag. It was easy to get popped by a guy at the last fraction of a second. I also had severeal times where I was halfway through a guy on my screen and I'd warp back and suddenly explode.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 17, 2011, 02:04 PM

I guess I just like Armor Lock. It's fun when you get a noob who doesn't know that when a person comes out of armor lock it lets off an EMP that can take down an enemy's shield. I love EMPing and killing a noob who gets too close.
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 21, 2011, 10:13 PM

Is it just me, or is it hard to play LASO in Halo. You have no HUD, so you can't see your health and there is no reticule to aim.
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 26, 2011, 02:21 AM

To celebrate the day I got 1250 out of 1250 on Halo Reach, I present to you some more Fails of the Week:

YouTube - Halo: Reach - Fails of the Weak Volume 18 (Funny Halo Screw Ups and Bloopers)

YouTube - Halo: Reach - Fails of the Weak Volume 19 (Funny Hay-Low Bloopers!)

I love that triple kill with a grenade! Or the mongoose flying around the scarab!
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 26, 2011, 11:46 PM

Is it just me, or is it hard to play LASO in Halo. You have no HUD, so you can't see your health and there is no reticule to aim.
LASO (Legendary All Skulls On) is extremely hard. That Blind skull is a bitch. I was reading on the xbox360achievements forum that the Blind skull isn't required this time. It should make this week's challenge a little easier. It sucks they chose ONI, I can't stand that mission.

Also, congrats on getting 100%. I think you, my brother and I are the only ones in this forum have 1250 on this game. (Haw Haw Bogues.)

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 28, 2011, 01:57 PM

This week's challenge of 1500 kills for 17,500 CR is going to be a challenge. That means you have to get about 215 kills a day. I'm lucky if i can get 100 kills during the week as I get 10-12 kills a match in Team Slayer usually and maybe a bit higher in Multi-Team. It would be more achieveable if it was 1200 kills.

Is Grifball still on the playlist? If I get my timing right with the hammer, I could get some big kills there.

Then I may be hosting an Assassin's Creed Extreme Variety bonus boosting party this coming weekend. I hosted an Assassin's Creed Role Model achievement boosting party last weekend and everyone in it, wanted Extreme Variety. So that will take some time away from Halo.
( Last edited by Leonard; Feb 28, 2011 at 02:05 PM. )
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 28, 2011, 03:32 PM

Griftball and Team Swat are the way to go for this week's challenge. I usually get 15-20 kills in a game of Swat. If your team has a good ball carrier that doesn't try to score right away, you can get up to 40 kills or more in a single Griftball match.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 28, 2011, 04:18 PM

I hosted an Assassin's Creed Role Model achievement boosting party last weekend and everyone in it, wanted Extreme Variety. So that will take some time away from Halo.
Bah, now I know not to be impressed by your achievements anymore.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Feb 28, 2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post

Hey, I know which ones I boosted and which ones are real. For AC:B, I got all of them, except Role Model and Abstergo Employee of the Month, the hard way. For Halo: Reach, I got all of them except You Ate all the Chips, the hard way.

I really don't boost much. But Role Model and Abstergo Employee of the Month in AC:B are almost impossible to get. To get Abstergo Employee of the Month, you need to get all bonuses once, and one of the bonuses is to get 15 bonuses(Extreme Variety) in one game.

And I hated leaving Halo:Reach and AC:B missing just 1 or 2 achievements.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 28, 2011, 05:15 PM

All of my Halo achievements are non-boosted so you can continue to be impressed by those.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 28, 2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
All of my Halo achievements are non-boosted so you can continue to be impressed by those.
It's why we know you're way better than Bogues.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 28, 2011, 05:43 PM

That's true. LOL!

Leonard
Professional Poster
Mar 1, 2011, 09:57 PM

Had a terrible evening of Team Slayer, almost every game I was 10 or under. Finally decided to spend some time in Rumble Pit. I think I found my playlist, went 25-18 and 18-15. Those were some good games.

Haven't tried Grifball yet.
MacBook Pro

Kevin Bogues
Senior User
Mar 3, 2011, 09:56 AM

It's why we know you're way better than Bogues.
.... way better...

Leonard
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2011, 10:53 AM

Had a terrible evening of Team Slayer, almost every game I was 10 or under. Finally decided to spend some time in Rumble Pit. I think I found my playlist, went 25-18 and 18-15. Those were some good games.
Yeah, Rumble Pit seems to be the place again yesterday. Seems like alot of the new people hang out in there, and not too many pros hang out there. I won a few games yesterday, and on average was in the top 1/3. As well, if I compare my K/D between playlists, I seem to do better there. I guess I'm too much of a lone wolf, but then I'm not the kind to follow the other sheep to the slaughter. I'm not going to follow my team into an ambush (at least not a second and third time, like some other idiots).
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Mar 15, 2011, 02:07 PM

Isn't the Defiant Map Pack available today?

I haven't had a chance to check, since I'm at work. Hopefully I can download it while I'm having supper and then try them out after supper. (I can download the ACB DLC at the same time).

Can't wait to try out the new Firefight DLC map.

They also need to add more vehicles to the firefight maps. Lately I've been playing Beachhead more to get my Vehicular commendation higher. Alot of the vehicles were also taken out of the Arcade Firefight in the last update.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 15, 2011, 02:27 PM

Yes. Defiant Map Pack is out now. Apparently you can obtain the three new achievements through custom games (as if these achievements weren't already easy.)

Regarding the vehicular commendation: Did you know that mounted turrets count as vehicle kills?

Map: Holdout.
Gametypes: 2x Score Attack or Fiesta Attack.
You can also choose Sniper Fight, Rocket Fight or FRG Fight but these gametypes don't have weapon pick-up enabled, so you won't be able to pick up the turret back if you die or let it fall on the ground.

- Choose the sprint loadout, this will allow you to bring the turrets to the spawn room without dying.
- Run out of the spawn room and take the stairs to the left. Take the turret and go back to the spawn room.
- Kill everything that shows up at the door with very short bursts. If you're careful you should have enough ammo to kill half of the second wave (jackals).
- When the second wave is almost over, go out and take the turret on the middle platform just in front of the spawn room. Again, use very short bursts. 2 or 3 are enough to kill the brutes.
- When the skirmishers wave is over, go out and take the last turret (near the tree front-right of the spawn room) back to the spawn room. Wait for the Elites, repeat.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Mar 15, 2011, 03:51 PM

Regarding the vehicular commendation: Did you know that mounted turrets count as vehicle kills?
Turrets are vehicles?!? Ok...

I'll have to try that.
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Mar 17, 2011, 12:06 PM

Yes. Defiant Map Pack is out now. Apparently you can obtain the three new achievements through custom games (as if these achievements weren't already easy.)
Do you have a link to that. Because I reread the achievements and they say in a matchmaking game.

They should be rather easy to get, though. They aren't that hard.

Apparently I misinterpreted the CTF one. I thought you had to capture (ie. return) 2 enemy flags, but apparently you have to RETURN 2 of your own flags, once they are taken.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 15, 2011, 02:50 AM

Hey Leonard. Look what I unlocked.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 15, 2011, 03:59 AM

Had a little fun with the blue flame helmet tonight. I joined a couple of BTB matches and everyone thought I was a Bungie employee. (I guess no one reads the bungie.net homepage anymore.) I was doing quite well on the last match (got a laser streak with the Spartan Laser) until about two minutes left in the game.

That's when a griefer decided it would be fun to constantly melee me. Not to kill me, just enough the lower my shields and let a nearby enemy finish the job. So after my 4th death, I ran back to his location to returned the favor. Before doing so, I drop a grenade to lower my shields. I put a few rounds into him and he melees/kills me. Boot Screen appears. Hallelujah! This happened with 30 seconds left in the match.

About 2 minutes later I get a love note from this guy calling me every name in the book. I guess he was pissed about not getting any credits for the match.

I replied that it wasn't a good idea to mess with a Bungie employee (pointed out my blue flame helmet) and that I was going to reset his rank as soon I as got into the office the next morning.

Dude immediately logs off of xbox live.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 15, 2011, 09:57 AM

Classic.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jun 15, 2011, 10:56 AM

Cool!

I haven't been in Halo Reach for awhile. I'll have to check how you unlocked that.

Originally Posted by Stogieman
That's when a griefer decided it would be fun to constantly melee me. Not to kill me, just enough the lower my shields and let a nearby enemy finish the job. So after my 4th death, I ran back to his location to returned the favor. Before doing so, I drop a grenade to lower my shields. I put a few rounds into him and he melees/kills me. Boot Screen appears. Hallelujah! This happened with 30 seconds left in the match.
Yeah, I had a guy like that in one game, and like you I finally found some way to get him to actually kill me and boot him.

I generally give people the benefit of the doubt when the boot screen comes up. If you accidentally killed me, ok, I'll let you stay. But when some *** annoys me that much, he deserves the boot.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 21, 2011, 11:08 AM

You've been passed by Minecraft, ****ers.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 21, 2011, 01:10 PM

Meh. I get all my Halo loving from another forum.

BTW, good luck passing my MW 2 thread.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 21, 2011, 01:12 PM

Meh. I get all my Halo loving from another forum.
"I've been cheating on you."

Also achievement whore sites don't count.

BTW, good luck passing my MW 2 thread.
That's kinda my point.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 21, 2011, 01:34 PM

"I've been cheating on you."
Also achievement whore sites don't count.
I wouldn't exactly classify the AVS forum as an achievement whore site.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 21, 2011, 01:42 PM

That's a curve ball.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 21, 2011, 01:44 PM

I know right? That's the last place I would expect to find a decent Halo Reach thread.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2011, 02:33 PM

The Minecrack thread's already that long? Damn that stuff's addictive. I'll have to create a game with graphics from the '80s.

I should drop into Halo Reach sometime. Maybe Friday, I'm off Friday.
MacBook Pro

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jun 21, 2011, 04:24 PM

I'll have to create a game with graphics from the '80s.
You're already gaming on something using decade-old gameplay anyways.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jun 21, 2011, 04:41 PM

Burn.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jun 22, 2011, 04:29 PM

The Machinima podcast just told me how you got this. I'll have to see if it still works.

Of course by now, tons of people will have this.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 22, 2011, 04:55 PM

Bungie will unlock it for everyone in a few weeks. I think it's time to switch back to what I had before (Inclement Weather).

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jun 27, 2011, 11:34 PM

I see you've been busy Stogie! You beat me to the rank of Hero.

I got my Blue Flames & Bungie Nameplate. But I'm terribly rusty. I'll have to stay in firefight and objective games.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2011, 02:10 PM

Yeah, I earned enough credits to purchase every base helmet in the armory. I wanted to unlock the Haunted helmet. After doing some more research, it appears you need to be a rank of Interior before the Haunted helmet appears in the armory. According to my Halo Reach iPhone app, I'm only 54,557,432 credits away from Interior rank. F*** THAT!!

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 7, 2011, 12:42 PM

Anyone gonna try to win a free steak with me on Bungie Day? I'll be on all night.

It appears jackpots today are set at 777cR or 7777cR (not including the 30,000cR super jackpot.) I may hit the rank of Legend by Friday.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jul 7, 2011, 03:42 PM

Hey, thanks for the additional info. I forgot today was Bungie Day. I did look at the challenges this morning and was planning on doing some Firefight, or some objective matches on the new DLC.

I just can't seem to play any of the Team Slayer playlists as I seem to really suck on those. Then again, they always seem to chose my least favourite game type - DMRs.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 7, 2011, 04:26 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules