Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > When will the new 12" pb come out.

When will the new 12" pb come out.
Tenstar5
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 8, 2003, 05:54 PM

I am going to school starting the 19th of August and I don't want to get the current one if the new is comig out.. What do you think

Naz
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2003, 05:56 PM

welcome to MacNN

uhmmm Aug 19th I heard
Nazaire's Art - -- iMac 500 DV SE --- 17" PB

jsnyder
Forum Regular
Aug 8, 2003, 06:08 PM

I just went and took the dive anyways. There are massive extra discounts on the PowerBook line right now. Its possible that they'll last through the new updates, but then again, maybe not.

All I know is just about $300 was subtracted from my subtotal when I had a maxed out 12" with AppleCare rung up. Not a bad deal.

About a month ago they slashed an extra $100 off the PowerBook itself (for a total of about $200 off), and $110 off AppleCare.

DVI? 1 GHz? Bleh, don't really care. I don't understand the people who are keep saying they "need" a 12" update. It's excellent right now. I'm not having any real heat issues, build quality is excellent, and its fast (especially compared to my former iBook 800).

I love this laptop, it rocks
MacBook White 2.0 GHz, SuperDrive, 2 GB RAM, 120GB
-jsnyder

Earth Mk. II
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2003, 07:19 PM

Originally posted by jsnyder:
DVI? 1 GHz? Bleh, don't really care. I don't understand the people who are keep saying they "need" a 12" update. It's excellent right now. I'm not having any real heat issues, build quality is excellent, and its fast (especially compared to my former iBook 800)
Agreed.

Any realistically possible speed bumps and upgrades in the near future really aren't compelling enough for me to recommend waiting. The 'book is great as it is.

But, if you really want to risk it, just remember that you'll have to wait for the new revision to be released so you can order it, plus the time it takes them to shove it out the door to be delivered, plus the time it takes the courier to deliver it to you. By that time, you may have started classes and even have a paper due.

If a CPU that's a small fraction faster than the currently available model is important to you, then go ahead - it's your money. But I personally wouldn't recommend it.
/Earth\ Mk\.\ I{2}/

Forum Links
Forum Rules