Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 15" PowerBook 1.67 Dual Layer Near-New, optional extras

FS: 15" PowerBook 1.67 Dual Layer Near-New, optional extras
bedoughty
Apr 16, 2006, 12:15 AM

- Latest model PowerBook G4 15" 1.67 GHz
Upgraded 1.5 GB RAM (1 pre-installed stick of 512, 1 GB stick purchased from Crucial. Both sticks have passed recent extended Apple Hardware Tests)
80 GB Hard Drive
8x SuperDrive Dual Layer - up to 8.5 burned to a dual layer DVD (DVD+R DL/DVD+/-RW/CD-RW)
1440 x 960 resolution
backlit keyboard
bluetooth
airport
I have original box, chords, cables, display attachments, packaging, software, manuals, even the plast wrapping and foam thingy (on top the keyboard) the PowerBook is originally wrapped with.

- iMac G5 1.8 GHz 17"
upgraded 1 GB RAM
upgraded 250 GB Hard Drive
AirPort Extreme
No Bluetooth
4x 8x 16x 8x 24x SuperDrive
Apple keyboard and mouse
I also have the original box, manuals, CDs/DVDs, etc etc.

PowerBook: I purchased the PowerBook in Dec. of '05 so it still has a good 7 months or so on its original warranty. The PowerBook is in absolutely pristine condition - not a single scratch, dent, nick, etc., and the display is pixel-perfect. I thoroughly clean my notebooks monthly with the cleaning kit Apple carries in their retail stores. In case you're curious: I'm selling because I'm upgrading to a MacBook Pro.

I am asking $1650 (somewhat negotiable), which would include standard shipping with insurance to anywhere in the U.S. ONE CATCH: I cannot ship my PowerBook until the MacBook Pro arrives, which should be towards the end of this week. If this is a problem I am happy to discuss it or any kind of arrangement or conditions you would like to make. I will wipe the notebook clean and install Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger for you.

iMac G5: I purchased it last April 05 so I believe it is no longer under Apple's warranty. Like my PowerBook, I have taken pristine care of it and have even opened it up every few months to give it a good dust clean-out. For the iMac I am hoping for $900, which again would include shipping, but that is again negotiable.

Optional accessories, they go to the first who asks:
Extra 65 Watt Apple power adapter - add $50
Perfect condition iSight (again with all extras, case, stands, box, etc), which sat atop my iMac G5 since purchase and was used only twice - add $90

I will accept either PayPal or a money order. Sorry, no checks. If you live near Denver, CO I will be glad to arrange a meeting/dropoff to avoid shipping and PayPal fees.

Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have. If I don't hear anything by Sunday (4/16) at 4:30 PM Moutain Standard Time, all of these items will be listed on eBay.

Cheers
David Chartier
( Last edited by bedoughty; Apr 16, 2006 at 12:40 AM. Reason: added an extra Mac to sell)
-
this isn't who it would be
if it wasn't who it is
-T.Anastasio

Forum Links
Forum Rules