Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES
1) Does the email program have an option to ask before downloading attachments?
I *think* that attached documents (like Word or Excel documents) are only downloaded when you tap on the icon within the message, but I'm not positive. (It takes a little bit for the previews to appear, but I'm not sure if that's because they're being downloaded or because it just takes a while to render them). Small attached photos are displayed automatically, but large ones remain as an icon within the message until you tap it, and then it is downloaded.
2) If you write an SMS when you have no reception (such as in airplane mode or on the subway) does it fail and you have to manually resend or does it automatically send when it gets reception?
Good question. Don't know, since I've never really been without a signal.
3) If I am walking down the street and it wants to automatically check for email does it ask me before using a new Wifi point or will it just assume it should use any wifi connection and use it without asking?
I don't think it ever just latches on to previously unused wifi connections. You can have it look for available connections, but it will still ask you if you want to use it. I have this feature turned off, since it would sometimes pop up with the "do you want to use this network" message at inopportune times, and EDGE is fine for email.
4) Is yahoo push a hardware thing that needs support or only software. For example if you are roaming in Canada will you still get yahoo push over the canadian GSM provider (rogers.com)
5) Does the alarm clock still work if you totally power off the phone?
No, the phone has to be on.