Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Using a different return email address with MobileMe

Using a different return email address with MobileMe
analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Jul 10, 2008, 08:03 PM

I have looked everywhere I could on information if this is possible but haven't found a clear answer.

I have my own domain and email but I want to make the emails from my domain to forward to my @me.com address but I still want it to appear that it is coming from my domain address.

Is this possible or does apple force you to use your @me address when replying?

Ted L. Nancy
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 13, 2008, 09:32 PM

Please clarify what you are trying to do. Are you trying to send emails using your me.com email, but wish to make them appear as though they are coming from your registered domain email?

Also, are you attempting to do this through the web app or through Mail.app?
10.7.1 on Mac Pro 8x2.8

analogue SPRINKLES  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 15, 2008, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ted L. Nancy View Post
Please clarify what you are trying to do. Are you trying to send emails using your me.com email, but wish to make them appear as though they are coming from your registered domain email?

Also, are you attempting to do this through the web app or through Mail.app?
Yup. And I would like to do it from my iPhone and Mail app.

Ted L. Nancy
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2008, 06:24 PM

Well, doing it from Mail.app is easy. Just add your other email to the email address entry in your Mail.app preferences. Do this by using a coma to separate your two emails. You may also have to change the outgoing mail server. Then just select the new address when you send a new mail.

As far as iPhone goes... I wish I could help you, but I've got another month or two before my T-Mobile K expires. I'm sure it's possible.

The web app is a whole 'nother story. I think it's impossible there, unfortunately. Apple really needs the syncing feature in MobileMe to actually sync ALL of the prefs on your comp. with those in the web apps. This would be so beneficial to people like you and me.
10.7.1 on Mac Pro 8x2.8

Amundyeus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 18, 2008, 03:09 PM

The web app is a whole 'nother story. I think it's impossible there, unfortunately. Apple really needs the syncing feature in MobileMe to actually sync ALL of the prefs on your comp. with those in the web apps. This would be so beneficial to people like you and me.
It would be even better if apple would allow you to host your own e-mail (maybe 20 or so???)

analogue SPRINKLES  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 19, 2008, 02:45 PM

As far as iPhone goes... I wish I could help you, but I've got another month or two before my T-Mobile K expires. I'm sure it's possible.
I still haven't found a way to do it on the iPhone so unless I can do it on the Mac and the iPhone it is useless.

Forum Links
Forum Rules