Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Control strip on top?

Control strip on top?
KingLerxst
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 8, 2001, 05:45 PM

I set my G4 back up at college, and for some odd reason the control strip is at the top of the screen, instead of the bottom. I have tried searching through the preferences, but to no avail. How can I get it back to the bottom left hand of the screen?

Chris

spicyjeff
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 8, 2001, 05:53 PM

See the bumpy little handle on the end of the control strip?
Holding down the option key, move your mouse over it and it will turn into a hand which you can then reposition the control strip where ever you desire.
Also, if you didn't know that you might not have know that holding down the option key and dragging on the control strips buttons moves the position of the buttons...useful to setup a customized layout.

KingLerxst  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 9, 2001, 02:01 AM

Thanks alot! It worked.

Chris

Phaedrus
Jan 9, 2001, 02:57 AM

One of OS 9's hidden options...I must have shown this to over twenty people already. I had to have someone show it to me. Seems like hardley anyone can figure it out.

Cipher13
Jan 9, 2001, 06:18 AM

I figured out the dragging the control strip thing myself (you can put it on the other side of the screen too if you drag it over there), but I didn't know until I read a while ago about dragging the modules themselves in and out of the control strip.
There is so much more to OS9 than meets the eye, and I get the impression that because of that people don't find it nearly as good as they might.
Things like navigating with Apple-down and all that is soooo much faster...
But anyway, end rant.

Cipher13

[This message has been edited by Cipher13 (edited 01-09-2001).]

Gregg
Mac Elite
Jan 9, 2001, 10:26 AM

works in OS8 too
Ya gotta applaud those bunnies for sacrificing their hearing just so some guy in Yonkers can have better TV reception.

drclaw
Jan 9, 2001, 12:46 PM

Cool! I was about to post and ask about that myself. I changed the resolution, and for some reason it stayed where the bottom of the screen was at that resolution, which was about 1/4 of the way up the screen. Very annoying!

Gregg
Mac Elite
Jan 9, 2001, 12:55 PM

"Cool! I was about to post and ask about that myself. " ..or, you could just try it. As far as I know, holding down the Option key has never caused a Mac to blow up.
Ya gotta applaud those bunnies for sacrificing their hearing just so some guy in Yonkers can have better TV reception.

Forum Links
Forum Rules