Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Has Anyone Received the iLife/Kenote Bundle?

Has Anyone Received the iLife/Kenote Bundle?
jaske
Forum Regular
Feb 10, 2003, 11:32 PM

Or has anyone received a shipping date? I haven't heard a thing.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Feb 10, 2003, 11:44 PM

Originally posted by jaske:
Or has anyone received a shipping date? I haven't heard a thing.
Nope, nothing here as well. Kind of odd, they shipped out my free Jaguar copy the same day last time...

SwarmyCurve
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 10, 2003, 11:46 PM

I didn't think we would get a shipping date. It was supposed to take 7-10 days, so I guess I could receive it any day now.

Does anyone know if they will be full packaged versions or a scaled-down promo package (sans manuals most likely) ?

zeebe
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 11, 2003, 12:44 AM

Here is a direct quote from the email I received confiming my order:

"You will receive notification by email when your copy of iLife and Keynote has shipped. All packages are shipped to your school address via USPS First-Class Mail and may take seven to ten business days to arrive."

I have yet to receive a notification of shipment and I ordered it the first day it was offered!! Come on Apple!! What's up!

Support a charity as you search the Internet - Use GoodSearch - I support Sacred Heart School.

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2003, 01:22 AM

They told my mom two weeks. She lives in Iowa though, they're always a couple days behind out there.

kovacs
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2003, 06:48 AM

Strange I got my copy last week monday ( belgian onlibe apple store )...

jparisi
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 11, 2003, 08:02 AM

Originally posted by kovacs:
Strange I got my copy last week monday ( belgian onlibe apple store )...
this thread is about the Keynote/iLife bundle for 14.95...and is not available through the apple store

and no, Neither I, nor anyone at my school recieved shipping confirmation yet

jaske  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 09:04 AM

well, it's good to now that I'm not the only one waiting . . .

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2003, 10:21 AM

nopers, ordered it, it has NOT arrived

boardsurfer
Feb 11, 2003, 12:02 PM

I dont think this will be a scaled version at all. I expected the free Jaguar promo to be limited in some way, but it wasnt either. There were manuals, cd's and those software proof of purchase coupons as well. I think these will be just as the box on the shelf.

That said, I havent heard a thing about mine shipping, and I ordered the day it was announced.

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2003, 12:28 PM

I blame the government

OR

maybe they are getting together more Clip Art for schools, or changing it (NOTICE: there is a space ship blast off as part of the high quality photos, but I do not think Apple would pull that....)

jaske  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 03:38 PM

Maybe the delay is due to Apple's admission that there are problems with Keynote.

I imagine that Apple is wary of sending a product to educators, who might actually use the product professionally, when there exists the possibility of fixing the product, albeit with a delay (after all, Apple never promised a prompt release). And, there is talk that 10.2.4, which has not been released, will include enhancements meant for Keynote as well.

And, there are those iMovie problems . . . Apple does market iMovie to schools. i'd hate to release that P.O.S. to the edu market if it could be fixed.

jaske  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2003, 10:57 PM

For those skipping MacNN's front page:

iLife/Keynote bundle: overwhelming response
Tuesday, February 11, 2003 @ 7:40pm

Apple has informed educators participating in its "iLife and Keynote" bundle promotion that due to the overwhelming success of the $15 offer, the company is having trouble fulfilling all orders. A response from Apple to MacNN reader Dan Mahn was supposed to include the date that Apple would "have iLife and Keynote available," but curiously this information was absent. The response did, however, indicate that customers should expect an "order processed" e-mail from Apple "within two days of this date."

zeebe
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 12, 2003, 10:43 AM

For those skipping MacNN's front page:

iLife/Keynote bundle: overwhelming response
Tuesday, February 11, 2003 @ 7:40pm

Apple has informed educators participating in its "iLife and Keynote" bundle promotion that due to the overwhelming success of the $15 offer, the company is having trouble fulfilling all orders. A response from Apple to MacNN reader Dan Mahn was supposed to include the date that Apple would "have iLife and Keynote available," but curiously this information was absent. The response did, however, indicate that customers should expect an "order processed" e-mail from Apple "within two days of this date."
Yup, here is an email I got, exactly as above, no date given!!
"Dear Educator:

Thank you for participating in Apple's iLife and Keynote for $14.95. These powerful new tools make it even easier to integrate technology into your curriculum and enhance your classroom experience. ILife and Keynote take full advantage of the power of Mac OSX v10.2 and provide an unparalleled user experience..

Due to the overwhelming success of this offer, we are experiencing some delay fulfilling your order. We expect to have iLife and Keynote for $14.95 kits available on .
You should receive an order processed e-mail from us within two days of this date.

If that e-mail does not arrive, please alert us at [email protected]. Be sure to include your order number and delivery address.

We apologize for any inconvenience, but are confident that the short delay in getting iLife and Keynote will be well worth the wait.

As always, we appreciate your continued interest in our education products.

Sincerely,
Apple Education Marketing
iLife and Keynote for $14.95"

Kinda weird, I replied asking for a date, but no response yet!

Support a charity as you search the Internet - Use GoodSearch - I support Sacred Heart School.

jwblase
Senior User
Feb 12, 2003, 03:05 PM

I just received my copy, and I never received a message of delay or otherwise from Apple. I'll go through it tonight and let you know if there's anything strange.

Just some info about the packaging: There's 3 proof-of-purchase coupons included with the package that are labeled as P-o-p for OS X for Teachers, Keynote 1.0, iTunes 3, iPhoto 2, iMovie 3, and iDVD 3. Even though they're all part of the iLife package, I guess Apple considers them all different apps for "purchase" reasons.

Included are three disks: Keynote on CD, iLife is on CD and ilife on DVD. I don't know what's on them yet... but it's pretty good that they packed it all in there for $15 for teachers!!!

JB
---------------------------
"Time will tell. It always does."
-The Doctor

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Feb 12, 2003, 06:24 PM

I finally got mine today as well with no e-mail of shipment from Apple...

Synotic
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2003, 06:41 PM

Originally posted by jwblase:
I just received my copy, and I never received a message of delay or otherwise from Apple. I'll go through it tonight and let you know if there's anything strange.

Just some info about the packaging: There's 3 proof-of-purchase coupons included with the package that are labeled as P-o-p for OS X for Teachers, Keynote 1.0, iTunes 3, iPhoto 2, iMovie 3, and iDVD 3. Even though they're all part of the iLife package, I guess Apple considers them all different apps for "purchase" reasons.

Included are three disks: Keynote on CD, iLife is on CD and ilife on DVD. I don't know what's on them yet... but it's pretty good that they packed it all in there for $15 for teachers!!!

JB
Can you include some pictures? I can't really picture this... Is there like a brown cardboard box with some CDs and some proof of purchase coupons?

If I get my package before any pictures are taken, I'll take some.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Feb 12, 2003, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by Synotic:
Can you include some pictures? I can't really picture this... Is there like a brown cardboard box with some CDs and some proof of purchase coupons?

If I get my package before any pictures are taken, I'll take some.
No, it's just a plain jane manilla envelope with the CD's and the coupon/documentation material....very simple and cost effective. You do NOT get the official iLife retail box or anything.

zeebe
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 13, 2003, 01:03 AM

Dang, I wonder if mine is there?!?! I won't be at school until next Tuesday! Well, at least I am getting my new 17" 1GHz iMac tomorrow with a gig or RAM!!

Synotic
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2003, 10:23 PM

I'm sure most of you have yours by now since I ordered kind of late and got it... But here are some pictures I took... nothing exciting, but for the curious

front of envelope

back of envelope

all the contents

closeup of the proof of purchase sheet

note: I haven't color corrected these pictures or modified any of them except for the first one.

jaske  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 13, 2003, 10:39 PM

My copy finally arrived . . . anyone else?

Talleyman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 17, 2003, 08:22 PM

My copy finally arrived . . . anyone else?
Got it last Thursday!

Talleyman
========================================
http://www.sledgetech.com

PowerMac G4 800/Powerbook G4 Aluminum, 1.25ghz

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it......Steven Wright

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 17, 2003, 09:59 PM

Got mine on Wednesday
Exactly like the pictures posted above.

Forum Links