Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > App updates available notification

App updates available notification
daqman
Forum Regular
Aug 12, 2012, 05:52 AM

Running Mountain Lion I get a notification at the top right of the screen every time an App update is available. There are two buttons Update and Details but no Dismiss, "Go Away", or Cancel. I've got dozens of Apps on my laptop and don't want to update every time I get a notification. I figured out that a two finger swipe on the notification sends it off the screen (thanks Apple really obvious that one!). The problem is that fifteen minutes later it's back again!

Is there any way of disabling App Store notifications without disabling all notifications? I can't see one.
Beware of geeks bearing Gifs

cloaker994
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 23, 2012, 07:35 PM

I had the same problem for 2 months, and was searching for a solution yet again and found your request. I decided to search again in help and needless to say nothing found there but I stumbled upon a feature in the top right hand corner of the menu bar on the apple screen... its some little menu dropdown looking icon, its the right most icon, click on it, and hit the X on the app store listing.. so far, notifications have stopped!!! pray its the solution. PRAYYY!!!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules