Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > I have learned my lesson regarding ordering ...

I have learned my lesson regarding ordering ...
lamewing
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 16, 2008, 01:09 PM

Okay,
I learned my lesson. DON'T order a new product from Apple the day they are announced. I did. I ordered a 16GB purple Nano thinking I would save some time avoiding the drive to the Apple Store north of Fort Worth, TX. I surely didn't expect anyone else to have them so quickly.

WRONG!!!!!

My nano just shipped today (9/16/08) from Shenzen, China one week after it was announced. I can live with that. What I cannot live with is that all of my local Best Buys got them this weekend and even my University Bookstore got them in yesterday!!!!

I simply don't understand this. What is the point of ordering from Apple when the local stores get them first, especially considering I have to pay tax either way. I just bought a 16GB from my bookstore and will just send the other one back to Apple for a refund. To be truthful, I would have bought the blue Zune if it were to support East Asian fonts. It seems both companies seem to be doing a good job of screwing things up.

Joe

mduell
Posting Junkie
Sep 16, 2008, 02:30 PM

Large pre-planned shipment arrives before one-off on-demand shipment... duh?

wrambro
Forum Regular
Sep 16, 2008, 02:54 PM

You learn one way or another I guess.

Look on the bright side, at least you'll still be getting it

SSharon
Professional Poster
Sep 16, 2008, 10:35 PM

some people order online to get the ipod engraved which you cannot do in store.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

wrambro
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2008, 12:05 AM

True, but I'm guessing that wasn't the situation here because lamewing was considering driving to the Apple Store to get one.

Forum Links
Forum Rules