Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Font reverting in office/word X

Font reverting in office/word X
daqman
Forum Regular
Jan 16, 2002, 08:29 PM

This is a weird problem that I would probably never have noticed since at work I use the times font for almost everything. My wife was running word from office X on our g4 cube (OXS 10.1.2) and wanted to set the font for the entire document to a particular font (doesn't matter which). She hit Command-A to select all and then set the font. Fair enough the font changed. However, when she clicks the mouse (one click only) on any word in the document the font for that word switches back to times.
By the time I got home from work she was cursing and swearing like a trooper
Every time she tried to correct spelling or punctuation the corrected word would be converted back to Times font

Anyone got an idea what is going on? I use Appleworks under OSX and I'm not familiar enough with Word X to figure this out quickly
Beware of geeks bearing Gifs

Tom C
Mar 15, 2002, 02:42 PM

Similar problems here. Today, all of a sudden, Word X started labeling text as Book Antiqua. Checked all of my styles...they clearly specify Times New Roman. Worse yet, I don't even have Book Antiqua installed! It labels the text as Book Antiqua, and the characters sure aren't in TNR, but given that I don't have Book Antiqua installed, I have no idea in which font it's displaying the text.

Forum Links
Forum Rules