Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Need help on politic

Need help on politic
tumb
Forum Regular
Jul 17, 2004, 11:33 PM

Hi,

Following to this picture I was just wondering if anyone could explain me in easy words what are the main differences between Democrats and Republican ?

quandarry
Jul 17, 2004, 11:37 PM

oh oh!

nice 'puter tho...

anthonyvthc
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2004, 12:06 AM

In real simple terms:
Republicans always want things to stay the same.
Democrats are always for change.

REAL simple terms.

PacHead
Baninated
Jul 18, 2004, 12:08 AM

Originally posted by woa:
Hi,

Following to this picture I was just wondering if anyone could explain me in easy words what are the main differences between Democrats and Republican ?
Yep, you definitely need help on politics. First of all, you're posting in the wrong forum, and what does your picture have to do with anything ? Do you think one can draw a conclusion based upon one .jpg that you linked to ?

Based on statistical analysis - Here's an easy breakdown for you.

Statistically, you're more likely to be a Republican and/or conservative if you're:
a man
a college graduate
in the top income bracket
an evangelical Christian
living in a rural area
a Thinker-Sensor

Statistically, you're more likely to be a Democrat and/or liberal if you're:
a woman
a senior citizen
gay
nonwhite
living in an urban area
a Feeler-Intuitor

This link details all of the sources and statistics used to reach that analysis.

http://usconservatives.about.com/lib...ographicsa.htm

tumb  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 18, 2004, 08:02 AM

Thanx for your answers guys.

Pachead: there are no link between this jpg and all that, it was just a general wondering

In which forum am I supposed to post then ?

greenamp
Mac Elite
Jul 18, 2004, 09:23 AM

Hi,

The only real difference is in which corporations support each party monitarily. Other than that, there really isn't much difference between the two.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 18, 2004, 10:31 AM

He's probably calling tech support to ask why his machine doesn't run Windows.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

fireside
Professional Poster
Jul 18, 2004, 10:46 AM

Originally posted by anthonyvthc:
In real simple terms:
i don't think democrats are all for progress for progress sake.

tumb  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 18, 2004, 10:51 AM

He's probably calling tech support to ask why his machine doesn't run Windows.
Al Gore might be able to help him on this

Which party do Microsoft corporation support ?
( Last edited by tumb; Jul 18, 2004 at 07:08 PM. )

OH-N'omac
Jul 18, 2004, 11:56 AM

In real simple terms:
Nothing says "keep things the same" like trying to amend the constitution to satisfy the moral minority, repealing environmental laws, starting wars with other countries that "might, potentially" pose a threat to us, and trying to take away the rights of US citizens to a trial or legal representation when the executive branch thinks they might be up to no good. Republicans may say they're conservatives, but under this administration they're acting like radicals.

anthonyvthc
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2004, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by OH-N'omac:
Nothing says "keep things the same" like trying to amend the constitution to satisfy the moral minority, repealing environmental laws, starting wars with other countries that "might, potentially" pose a threat to us, and trying to take away the rights of US citizens to a trial or legal representation when the executive branch thinks they might be up to no good. Republicans may say they're conservatives, but under this administration they're acting like radicals.
I totally agree with you, I was just trying to give the most basic def. I could thing of.

quandarry
Jul 18, 2004, 02:04 PM

Originally posted by PacHead:
a woman
a senior citizen
gay
nonwhite
living in an urban area
a Feeler-Intuitor
damn! all this time i've been a poor black woman collecting a pension with homosexual

desires. my life has been a sham. thanks pac.

KrazyEvilGoat
Banned
Jul 18, 2004, 04:22 PM

Originally posted by quandarry:
damn! all this time i've been a poor black woman collecting a pension with homosexual

desires. my life has been a sham. thanks pac.

Wait wait wait, he said old not poor.

RACIST

mikellanes
Mac Elite
Jul 18, 2004, 04:43 PM

Originally posted by PacHead:
Yep, you definitely need help on politics. First of all, you're posting in the wrong forum, and what does your picture have to do with anything ? Do you think one can draw a conclusion based upon one .jpg that you linked to ?

Based on statistical analysis - Here's an easy breakdown for you.

Statistically, you're more likely to be a Republican and/or conservative if you're:
a man
a college graduate
in the top income bracket
an evangelical Christian
living in a rural area
a Thinker-Sensor

a woman
a senior citizen
gay
nonwhite
living in an urban area
a Feeler-Intuitor

This link details all of the sources and statistics used to reach that analysis.

http://usconservatives.about.com/lib...ographicsa.htm

How does any of this tell him what the differences between a republican and democrat are? Thats like saying the difference between mountain dew and root beer are demographic, you give no information about what each one is?

tumb  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 18, 2004, 08:23 PM

The only real difference is in which corporations support each party monitarily. Other than that, there really isn't much difference between the two.
If you have any idea of the following CEO's political choices, I'm interested in that : Bill Gates, Scott McNealy, Larry Elison, Michael Dell, and Carly Fiorina.

RonnieoftheRose
Jul 18, 2004, 10:09 PM

Hi,

D: Leftwing, more money spent on healthcare and education, mostly an anti-war lobby, friendlier to ethnic minorities, takes part in peace processes in middle-east and Ireland, friendly to a wide range of corporations.

R: Rightwing, more money spent diverting money to churches, friendly to a smaller range of businesses that deal mostly with oil, arms, accountancy, law firms, takes money away from ethnic minorities, takes money away from single mothers, takes money away from treatment clinics, anti-welfare, pro-war, hardly ever takes part in middle-east peace process, more racism and bigotry connected to it.

In Britain things are quite different. A rightwing politician in Britain is about as much to the right as a centrist is in the US. Conservatives are more pro-business but not so much anti-welfare. The main difference between Labour and Conservative in the UK is that Labour is pro-unions. Sadly Tony Blair is a rightwinger (though not nearly as much as Bush) in the Labour party who got voted in pretending to be a people's leader. John Smith was far better but died before his time came.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jul 18, 2004, 11:01 PM

Hm, still in the lounge...

Are the mod's sleeping or what ?

-t

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 19, 2004, 08:16 AM

In real simple terms:

REAL simple terms.
Simple being the key word.

tumb  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 20, 2004, 10:08 AM

Originally posted by RonnieoftheRose:
D: Leftwing, more money spent on healthcare and education, mostly an anti-war lobby, friendlier to ethnic minorities, takes part in peace processes in middle-east and Ireland, friendly to a wide range of corporations.

R: Rightwing, more money spent diverting money to churches, friendly to a smaller range of businesses that deal mostly with oil, arms, accountancy, law firms, takes money away from ethnic minorities, takes money away from single mothers, takes money away from treatment clinics, anti-welfare, pro-war, hardly ever takes part in middle-east peace process, more racism and bigotry connected to it.

In Britain things are quite different. A rightwing politician in Britain is about as much to the right as a centrist is in the US. Conservatives are more pro-business but not so much anti-welfare. The main difference between Labour and Conservative in the UK is that Labour is pro-unions. Sadly Tony Blair is a rightwinger (though not nearly as much as Bush) in the Labour party who got voted in pretending to be a people's leader. John Smith was far better but died before his time came.

Thank you for your clear and efficient answer, that's pretty much what I need.

Here in France, we also have 2 major unions called "la gauche" (left) and "la droite" (right). The left is more social than the liberal right (president Chirac) which is supposed to reduce taxes for the companies in order to increase job offers.
But no one can really build something as the French always change their mind
What really sucks is that there are like 10 more parties where everyone is divided.
The environmentalists belong to the left whereas everyone can share their ideas
We still even have some communists
And the all thing is ruled by government official from Brussels.
Anyway, thanx again, mod's can close the topic

Forum Links
Forum Rules