Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Zone Free DVD in 15 in PB

Zone Free DVD in 15 in PB
absolut78
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 5, 2005, 01:57 AM

Not sure which forumn this should be in, but this seemed the like the most reasonable choice. I would like to be able to play Zonw1 & 2 DVD's on my Powerbook and I was curious if anyone new a way to make this change permanent. I know you can go back and forth between 1 and 2 only a few times...

Any Ideas?

Joe

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Apr 5, 2005, 02:15 AM

Google it. There's a page with region-free firmware for some models of drives. (Note that the latest models are NEVER available immediately -- it takes time to crack it.)

In the mean time, use VLC.

And in the future, do a forum and google search before you post -- you'd already have your answer if you had, because people ask this question all the time.

tooki

RonnieoftheRose
Apr 5, 2005, 02:34 AM

It's this one...

http://superdrive.cynikal.net/

But they don't have region free firmware for the last two revisions. Do not use firmware incompatible with your drive.

Forum Links
Forum Rules