Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Shif's BAGS OF CRAP thread

FS: Shif's BAGS OF CRAP thread
shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2009, 01:51 PM

I have a ton of crap. Some it's crappy crap, and some of it's decent crap.

At any rate, after missing out on the last Woot! BOC, I decided to not be upset and instead get rid of a bunch of my own junk in a mini-BOC sale.

So, here's the deal:

A BOC is $10 shipped to anywhere in the continental United States.

Craps are available in three categories:
  1. Laptop Stuff
  2. Desktop Stuff
  3. Electronic Stuff
There's no guarantee on the compatibility of any of this stuff...I have PCMCIA cards, AGP video cards, various pieces of laptop memory and things that plug into USB ports, mice, etc. "Electronic stuff" covers crap that isn't necessarily computer-specific, like MP3 players, flash drives, cables, and anything else I have. The majority of the internal cards I have are NOT Mac-compatible, although you might be able to hack some of the stuff to work. If you're a computer hardware geek and like having spare parts, there will be plenty of that in the "Desktop stuff" category. If you want toys, ask for "Electronic stuff".

Each BOC will have three craps in it. You can combine shipping; each additional BOC after the first one will be $6. If you want a bag of crap, just specify which category you want, and wait for Mr. FedEx to show up.

I'll generally only accept check or money order for this one, because I don't want anyone getting shitty over what they get and filing a dispute with PayPal. However, if you've been on 'NN for awhile and I know you're trustworthy and not a twit, I'll allow PayPal on a case-by-case basis. Smaller items will be shipped via USPS with delivery confirmation; larger items will be shipped via FedEx.

So, to reiterate, there is no guarantee that you'll get anything really awesome. I do, however, have a lot of electronic crap that I've accumulated over the years, so there's bound to be something useful in there. I think. You can at least rest assured that there will be no iBook parts in the craps (although I have a ton of components, so if you need something for a G3 12" white iBook, just ask). Nearly everything is 100% functional, as well.

Don't PM me. My box is always nearly full, so just post here if you're interested. I'll post some pics tonight of some of the craps I have.

I don't know exactly how many bags I'll have in each category, so the craps will be shipped out on a first-come, first-served basis.
( Last edited by shifuimam; Mar 2, 2009 at 06:13 PM. )
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2009, 05:07 PM

Lost me at the no paypal payment option. Have fun with this shif.

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2009, 06:12 PM

Well, I'll take paypal if I trust you won't be a douchenozzle and try to get your $10 back because you don't like whatever it is you end up getting.

So how about this: I'll take paypal on a case-by-case basis. If I don't trust you, mail me a check. If I do trust you, I'll take PayPal.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2009, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
If I don't trust you, mail me a check. If I do trust you, I'll take PayPal.
I don't get this. It's much easier to screw you over if you take a check vs. PayPal.

What if the check bounces? What if it's a closed checking account? What if the buyer stops payment on the check?

Are you going to wait for checks to clear before you ship? I didn't see that stipulation in your post.

reader50
Administrator
Mar 2, 2009, 09:02 PM

Last I checked, it costs $20 for a stop-payment on a check. Not worth it on a $10 check.

Shifuimam is the seller, and she has disclosed the sale items and terms. While I don't plan to buy a BOC personally, I don't have a problem with her payment terms.

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 2, 2009, 10:46 PM

now that i'm home, I can give y'all a better idea of what i have:

a couple of AGP video cards
usb HD tv tuner
lots of cables
mice
keyboards
mp3 players
iphone and ipod accessories
various electronics that are in some state of malfunction, but likely repairable
flash cards and readers
various IDE optical drives

come on, guys...help me get rid of some crap!
( Last edited by shifuimam; Mar 2, 2009 at 10:53 PM. )

xpsonic
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2009, 01:54 AM

would actually work a lot better if there was one item that was actually great.

thats the reason people buy BOC's off woot. for a chance to get a hdtv, roomba, something thats priced a lot more than the $8 they spend.

just an idea, but i really dont think people wanna buy a BOC just to definately receive "crap."

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 3, 2009, 10:05 AM

Depends on what you value, really. The HD tuner is pretty nice, and if you have an older machine, the cards I have are an all-in-wonder 9600 and a 9800 xt, which is a damn good card. I've got some nice wireless keyboard/mice combos...

Look. If you want to spend $10 in the hopes that you'll get something worth $200, that's not going to happen. But if you want to spend $10 in the hopes that you'll get something that's $70-$100, then go for it. I'm not going to give a full list of what I have. That would take awhile. And, unfortunately, anything I have that's got some decent resale value is going on eBay.

It's only $10. You spend twice that on eating out...have a sense of adventure here!

lisantica
Forum Regular
Mar 3, 2009, 10:12 AM

I'd like to buy the Electronic BOC. Send me your paypal ID.

Lisa

lisantica
Forum Regular
Mar 3, 2009, 10:40 AM

I can't find where to send you an email, so I sent you a PM.

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 3, 2009, 10:51 AM

Once I get the BOCs put together this weekend I'll send out my paypal ID to people to pay. I don't want to make you pay until I'm ready to ship.

Tjthemaxx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2009, 11:32 AM

I think this is a great, fun way to interact with others on the board. You have a great rep here and I'm willing to give it a shot. I also LOVE bargains! Your prices are awesome, so I'm interested in THREE BOC. Hey, I just feel lucky! So that would be $22 right? $10 for the first and $6 each for the two additional?

I have a Mac Pro tower, a Macbook Pro, 12" G4 powerbook (alum), so things that would work with those would be great if possible! My main interests would be along these lines, but of course, I'll take whatever you send:

usb HD tv tuner
firewire 400/800 cables
wireless mice
wireless keyboards
mp3 players
iphone and ipod accessories
CF cards and CF readers
various IDE optical drives

And you not only get a promise of me not charging back your paypal but I promise to be thrilled with what you send, regardless of what it is. I Just think this is a fun FS thread and want to be part of it! Let me know when you are ready to ship and I'll be waiting for your paypal id.

T.J.

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 10, 2009, 12:26 PM

I'm finding more stuff as I move computers around at home.

I'll try to get requested craps out this weekend. PM me your PayPal email and I'll bill you via PayPal.

Forum Links
Forum Rules