Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod repairs

iPod repairs
digiology2
Forum Regular
Nov 7, 2005, 10:43 AM

Hi, my iPod only displays the apple sign and is not detected by my mac anymore, I explained this to apple technical support and he gave me an estimated repair cost of £150! my iPod is not even worth that much!
If there is a particular (identifiable)component that needs replacing would it be cheaper to do that myself? Or is there anywhere else that may repair it for far less? Or would anyone be will to buy it for part?(trade in or cash)
Anyone else had this experience?

Thanks

digiology2  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 8, 2005, 11:12 AM

bump!!!

analogika
Posting Junkie
Nov 8, 2005, 11:14 AM

impossible to diagnose from here.

hard drive making weird noises?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2005, 12:13 PM

G4TV's troubleshooting guide is an informative page. You should attempt to force the iPod into disk mode while it is connected to your Mac by resetting it and holding down the previous and next buttons at the same time. Unless your iPod is totally screwed up, it will go into Disk Mode that way. Then restore it using the iPod Software Updater
( Last edited by Big Mac; Nov 8, 2005 at 12:22 PM. )

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

digiology2  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 9, 2005, 02:21 PM

no noises but it used to do that sometimes, a high pitched noise. I'll check that page out but I think my ipod definately needs to be fixed. If I knew what part to replace that would help

Forum Links
Forum Rules