Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Anyone work at an Apple Store?

Anyone work at an Apple Store?
HazelGirl
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 24, 2008, 10:42 PM

I'm interested in working there over the summer. I sent in my application and was emailed about an informational meeting that is coming up soon. Can anyone tell me about their experience working at an Apple Store? The website was not specific on the wage so I am hoping this is clarified during the meeting. I'm particularly interested in getting newbs to buy a Mac. I own three Macs +an ipod and I am a slight technophile and a big people person so I think I would enjoy it. Please share your experience or PM me about it. Thanks!
Mac Mini G4 1.33 Ghz:40GBhf, 512MBRAM, 32MBVRAM
MBP 15.4' 2.33Ghz:160GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
iMac 24' 2.4 Ghz, 300GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
80GB iPod Classic (black)

dowNNshift
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 24, 2008, 11:17 PM

Its not as glamourous of a job as you think it is, think of GAP meets CompUSA. Unfortunately its nothing like it was back in the beginning, as most stores are staffed heavily with part-timers. You don't have to be a Mac geek to work there, but it's more about quantity of staff than quality of staff anymore... The direction has changed from showcasing the best of Apple technology to bag-and-tag sales. Expect to have multiple middle managers hovering around you competing for constant legitimacy, so if you can't handle micro-management its not the easiest place to thrive.

Honestly though, you won't get public feedback from current employees as they are banned from posting in forums.

HazelGirl  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 26, 2008, 05:50 AM

really? wow...how unfortunate. Well, that kinda sucks :-(
Mac Mini G4 1.33 Ghz:40GBhf, 512MBRAM, 32MBVRAM
MBP 15.4' 2.33Ghz:160GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
iMac 24' 2.4 Ghz, 300GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
80GB iPod Classic (black)

Forum Links
Forum Rules