Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Leonard
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2012, 11:59 AM

Strange, I guess I didn't start a thread for this game yet.

Great game! Very similar to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, but they've expanded on it.

There are already 3 new DLCs for the game.
  • 2 online multiplayer DLCs - each adding more online multiplayer achievements, characters, and maps.
  • 1 single player DLC adding new achievements.

It seems like they've made the achievements even easier to achieve, and so far it seems easier to achieve 100% sync in all the memory sequences. I'm at part 5 or 6 now and I think I've only missed 2-3 100% syncs. I had one memory that was timed, so of course I missed that one. If they don't have that many timed ones, I may go for the 100% sync achievement (even if it's only worth 20). I'm not sure why some critics harped on the zip line, it's not that stupid.

Some of the side memories are quite short and are easy to ace the 100% sync.

The training of assassin's is still in the game and has been expanded on a bit. It's still a fun mini-game and a good way to earn money besides buying shops.

The desmond memory sequences are kind of boring. You basically walk through the memories while some commentator yaps on and on about your early life. There are some "puzzle" where you have to create your own walkway with 2 types of walkway bricks. Again, most of these are easy.
( Last edited by Leonard; Mar 2, 2012 at 12:17 PM. )
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 2, 2012, 12:01 PM

Leonard  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2012, 12:06 PM

OK, WTF the !@??!%?! forum search didn't pick it up. It picked up every other AC thread, though.

Ho well, 2 threads about the same game isn't such a big deal.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 2, 2012, 12:07 PM

It was on the first damn page. All I did was scroll.

Leonard  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2012, 12:10 PM

Well I limit my page to the last 10 days. It looks like you limit yours to 4-6 months back.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Mar 2, 2012, 12:11 PM

A year.

Leonard  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 2, 2012, 12:29 PM

Multiplayer is also quite similiar to AC:Brotherhood, but has again been expanded upon. I'm not sure if there are more game types as I never played anything but WANTED and MANHUNT in AC:B.

Challenges are still there for abilities, style of assination, etc.

You now have to buy ability sets, individual abilities, character modifications with credits you gain from playing multiplayer. You can only purchase these items once they have been unlocked by you reaching the rank at which these are unlocked (similar to MW3).

In team games, once a teammate has killed your target, you can get your "kick" in to finish of your target for a few measly score points. There is now something called an honourable death, where-by you partially stun your pursuer, but he still kills you. It's almost a slatemate as the stunner receives 100 score points and the pursuer receives score points for the kill. It almost seem the only way to completely stun a pursuer is from behind or using an ability.

I think the Explorer achievement is pretty cool in that it forces you to play all the game modes to achieve it and in doing so, you get to experience all the gametypes. Corruption is fun, it's similiar to HALO's infection. Where one group goes and tries to hide and the other group tries to find you and kill you to corrupt you, putting you on the pursuer side now.

Of course the Explorer achievement is only achieveable if players are playing all the different game types. I've had problems trying to find 2 game types.
MacBook Pro

Leonard  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 7, 2012, 12:59 AM

Ok, dumb question.

Apparently you can assign assassins to a city in the mediterranean defense (like Athens or Alexandria) mini-game rather than assigning then to mission in the game. This frees up assassin slots in the main game (and the city of castinople).

How do you assign assassins to a city in the mediterranean defense? It's probably something I missed.
MacBook Pro

Leonard  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 7, 2012, 10:08 PM

Ok, I found in. If you own a city, and you place the cursor on it you can use the X button to manage assassins and move assassins to that city.

This Mediterranean defense mini game is becoming a game unto itself. I now have 15 or more assassins to assign missions to.
MacBook Pro

Leonard  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 8, 2012, 12:18 PM

I have to say, I'm impressed how well they've stitched together the cinematics/cutscenes and the gameplay in the cisterns/underground caverns. Dakar might almost like it. I think he'd still hate all the jumping and climbing. But at least they only have one of these (so far) that you have to beat a timer on to get 100% sync. And on the last underground cavern it seemed they had designed the layout so that if you missed a specific type of jump and did something different, they had you covered - ie. there were at some time two routes to take, depending on if you missed a jump. Ex. With a lamp jump, you can now press B mid-air and do a straight jump, or not press B and the lamp turns you 90 degrees. In one cavern, they didn't design the routes to handle both jumps, but in this last cavern, they did. So in the first case, if you missed pressing B you were screwed, in the second case you could continue on, almost without noticing you missed it. Makes it more enjoyable the second way and you don't lose that sense of being in the action.

I'm also getting a better hang of the mediterean defense game. Once you figure out how to allocate assassin's to a city it's easier to keep all your cities.

I'm loving/hating the multiplayer game. It's still the same game, but there are players out there that are just too good at playing it, and having the differently ranked players in the same game almost ruin it, as they have unlocked abilities that make it easier for them to win. Certain teams also seem to be working more as a team.

I see Kevin B has basically finished the game. He zoomed right past me.
( Last edited by Leonard; Mar 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM. )
MacBook Pro

Forum Links
Forum Rules