Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > living without ATM?

living without ATM?
olik
Oct 11, 1999, 02:24 PM

How should I live without ATM? E.g. You can't include Type 1 fonts in Macromedia Flash-movies or print documents on inkjet printers!
A software-RIP enables to print on non-postscript printers but is there a workaround for Flash?

FM
Oct 13, 1999, 02:21 PM

Try the shareware from Greg Landwebber, Smooth Type. Ist is OS9 ready and does a nice job of smoothing on screen, it might not help with printing issues though. Hopefully it wont be too long for ATM, Apple and Adoge are working on it now. http://www.kaleidoscope.net/greg/

wlonh
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 1999, 03:09 PM

and search the MacNN forum, keyword: ATM

lotsa info

NeonBoy
Oct 14, 1999, 06:15 PM

If you only need it to managed fonts file and organized it you can still try Suitcase 8, or Font Reserved. ATM is still pretty great thought but eat a lot of your rams and sometime it hard to manage fonts because you have to drag the fonts suitcase out of your system for ATM to regcognized it. There will be an update soon I heard that work with MacOS 9.

wlonh
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 1999, 05:22 AM

ATM 3.9 will work with MacOS 9, according to a report at MacInTouch...

[This message has been edited by wlonh (edited 10-15-1999).]

Herr Newton
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 15, 1999, 10:53 AM

No... you need ATM. Why? Without ATM, QuickDraw cannot produce a WYSIWYG image from a PostScript font--it just scales the pixelated bitmaps.

BUZZ/studios
Oct 15, 1999, 02:03 PM

When ya come right down to it, life without ATM is unacceptable. Life without Premier is unacceptable, and the shear load of random crashes I've been getting from my computer is beginning to piss me off (yes i'm running on a clean-installed no 3rd party except ATI machine). Why can't Apple time a OS release with software updates from other companies across the board with incompatible software? if not that at least with "biggies" like strata atm and premier! Grr... where's that 8.6 CD, its lying around here somewhere...

wlonh
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 1999, 03:48 PM

ATM 3.9 WILL WORK WITH MACOS 9 ACCORDING TO A REPORT ON MACINTOUCH

ATM 3.9 will work with MacOS 9, according to a report at MacInTouch...

hello?

BUZZ/studios
Oct 15, 1999, 04:17 PM

Wow.... 3.9 works huh? Hmm.... if only I HAD 3.9! or knew somewhere that sold it....

-Nick Senior
BUZZ

NeonBoy
Oct 15, 1999, 05:14 PM

ATM 4.5 suddenly become ATM 3.9?. Hmmm...that's weired, shouldn't the version go up like 5.0 not drop to 3.9?. ATM 3.9 is probably a Lite version. I heard if you want the greater ATM you have to buy it. The ATM Lite is free to ATM user I think.

Takeo
Oct 15, 1999, 09:44 PM

I just read that MacOS 9 compatible versions of ATM and ATR will be released on October 23.

wlonh
Professional Poster
Oct 16, 1999, 12:22 AM

the thought was that MAYBE if you're in a business that has required ATM for many years, you MIGHT have an archived copy of ATM 3.9 or a CD of it or...

rph
Oct 16, 1999, 04:44 PM

I'm happy that ATM is no longer needed with Acrobat Reader 4, at least I can read all my pdf manuals.

Adobe wrote to a friend of mine that they were working on fixing the problem "timely" and had some things working.

Forum Links
Forum Rules