Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > What is a good....Free...resource editor??

What is a good....Free...resource editor??
heidilux
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2003, 11:54 AM

Well, just that. I'm really just interested in browsing all of the package contents. You know, just learning more about where everything is. What do you guy use?

Thanks,

heidilux

smeger
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2003, 07:54 PM

Control-click, Show Package Contents, Preview.app, TextEdit.app
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

clarkgoble
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2003, 08:15 PM

That displays the package contents but not their contents if you catch the difference. Icons are typically displayable if you have the dev tools installed. I can't recall if the dev tools install ResEdit or not. Some programs still use that. (Although they shouldn't) It's those damn *.rsrc files that bug me. Yeah I know they are resource files but stored in the data fork. But I don't know of any program that will display their contents!

smeger
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2003, 10:25 PM

You can use ThemePark (in my sig) to display most of the graphical contents of .rsrc files.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

Forum Links
Forum Rules