Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > QT4 & Control Strip

QT4 & Control Strip
howitzer
Apr 20, 1999, 06:34 AM

I lost my Control Strip after installing QT4 with no way to get it to load again. I tried changing the load order of the Control Strip extension with no luck. I've since reverted back to QT3 since the Control Strip is something I can't do without. I'll try and figure out the conflict again in the future if necessary, perhaps it was a module that I was using and not the Control Strip itself.
Anyone else had this happen?

iMac55
Apr 20, 1999, 06:57 AM

I've not had this problem with QT4 but you might want to try to go into the Control Strip control panel and sometimes when you install things it for some reason gets hid or it might not have started up. If it hasn't started up then it will display a diolog box asking you if you want it to startup. Hope this helped.

Jack Mello
Apr 20, 1999, 04:22 PM

Hi,

I had a problem after installing QT4. I got an error message that "Extensions Strip Control" (replacement for Apple's Control Strip) was crashing when the "ATI Desktop Video" Control Strip Module attempted to load (the ATI CSM for the XclaimVR card). Once I removed this CSM it loaded without incident. I also tried loading the "ATI Desktop Video" CSM using "Action GoMac 2.x" and had a different problem.

I suspect that the culprit is the "ATI Desktop Video" CSM. Do you have this CSM installed?

Jack Mello
Apr 20, 1999, 04:22 PM

Hi,

I had a problem after installing QT4. I got an error message that "Extensions Strip Control" (replacement for Apple's Control Strip) was crashing when the "ATI Desktop Video" Control Strip Module attempted to load (the ATI CSM for the XclaimVR card). Once I removed this CSM it loaded without incident. I also tried loading the "ATI Desktop Video" CSM using "Action GoMac 2.x" and had a different problem.

I suspect that the culprit is the "ATI Desktop Video" CSM. Do you have this CSM installed?

howitzer
Apr 20, 1999, 05:29 PM

Yes, I do indeed have the "ATI Desktop Video" CSM. Although Extensions Strip reports this CSM in an error dialog at startup, Control Strip does not.
Now I'll try to reinstall QT4 without that "ATI Desktop Video" CSM and make sure that it is indeed the culprit. I'll bet it is.

Thanks!

47Ronin
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 21, 1999, 05:57 AM

Removing ATI Desktop Video CSM solves the problem. I didn't notice my control missing until later today. I always wondered why MacsBug (debugger) would trap a crash during startup.. supposed pointing to a CFM lib load failure of some sort.. trying to start the control strip after that using the control panel would still crash it. I read the posts here and dragged the CSM for ATI's Desktop Video out of the CSM folder and into a disabled folder. When I started up the control strip it loaded fine!

------------------
Glenn
47 Ronin Multimedia
www.47ronin.com
Glenn
47 Ronin Multimedia
www.47ronin.com

dahlgren
Apr 21, 1999, 05:20 PM

I've had the identical symptoms with the ATI control strip module and QT4! Remove/disable the module and the control strip functions as before. I'm running 8.5.1.,BTW.

Forum Links
Forum Rules