Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > New Era Caps: a few questions

New Era Caps: a few questions
iM@k
Senior User
May 17, 2010, 08:13 PM

Not being a sports fan or a hat wearer, I have been curious about a few things regarding New Era hats.

What, if anything, does the 39thirty and 59fifty signify? Looking at the New Era website, I'm guessing they're product lines but I'm not sure.

and

What's up with keeping the round stickers on (Guessing that it's to prove to the world it's genuine.)?
What, me worry?

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
May 17, 2010, 11:15 PM

I have no idea what the different branding means. I assume the keeping of the sticker is to prove that the wearer is a *********. I wear my hat to display my support for my Mets, I could care less if people have any idea how much I paid for it or whether or not it's the official on-field cap of MLB or whatever.

Eyenigma
May 18, 2010, 03:14 AM

The 39Thirty is the stretch fit cap which New Era offers. MLB players wear the 59Fifty Hats on the field during games. They use 39Thirty Stretch Fit Hats during spring training and pre-game warmups. And no, I don't wear hats -- just googled it and passed along the info.

Forum Links
Forum Rules