Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PowerBook G4 12" (need pics)

PowerBook G4 12" (need pics)
l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 24, 2009, 01:31 AM

Hello
I just did some work for someone and was paid in used PowerBook instead of cash.

So the battery in this 1.5 GHz PowerBook G4 won't stay in. Now I'm looking at the thing, and for the life of me I can't tell if the problem is the battery or the case.

So if you own a 12" PowerBook G4, would it be possible for you to take pictures of the side of the battery that is along the right edge, and also the corresponding inside of the case. I need to see exactly where and how it latches.

I'm cleaning this thing up to sell, and the battery actually holds a very decent charge. So hopefully I can get it to stay in. I'm hoping it's the case because I'm probably replacing that anyway since it's so beat up. But if you have any high res, clear pics, that would be great. I've scoured google images with very little luck.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Mar 24, 2009, 02:00 PM

you're going to fix the case to sell a 12" powerbook? I would think the fixing of the case is going to eat into almost all of the dough you plan on making with the sale of the powerbook. Sorry no pictures but a google/flickr/macnn photo thread might get you the info you're needing.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...=Search+Images
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 24, 2009, 02:08 PM

Pictures of the battery are always of the OTHER side. I need to see the far side of what is normally pictured. I suspect the battery might have some broken off plastic nubs. Thing is, the cells are actually really good still, it still holds a decent charge. Are there any aftermarket battery companies that might be able to just put the battery in a new case?

sprale
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 30, 2009, 10:05 AM

Can you post close-up pics of your battery bay/battery? You might try asking around for a dead PowerBook battery and swapping the cells yourself.

Try Complete Tablet Solutions. They do PowerBook and MacBook repairs and have lots of spares, as well as doing repairs on older Macs.

There were around a dozen PowerBook models, so it will be helpful if you want to do any repairs yourself. Caution: these are much more difficult to tear down and reassemble than the plastic MacBooks. PM me with it's serial and I can send you the exact Apple repair manual.

revMedia
Apr 4, 2009, 04:56 PM

Have you tried ifixit.com?

Forum Links
Forum Rules