Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Minecraft

Minecraft (Page 82)
BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Oct 8, 2013, 12:54 PM

There's a long tunnel behind Sek's portal in the nether that goes to were I found the horses. There's a courtesy horse there and fi you bring a lead you can quickly get any horses you tame back. You may hit your head riding a horse down the stairs.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 8, 2013, 02:19 PM

Questions for the hive mind:

I'm working on my own flavor of modpack, targeting 1.6.4. Sadly, the first snag is extrabiomes is only 1.6.2 compatible. Do we still target (and wait for) 1.6.4, or roll with 1.6.2?

Another option is for me to try and wedge some key mods* into the 1.5.4 Hexxit pack we're already using. Advantage: we may be able to keep the existing map (and structures). Disadvantage? it's 1.5.4.

Thoughts?

(*) By key mods to add I'm targeting buildcraft, factorization, ender chests, AE and/or logic pipes would be great, but may be impractical to wedge in from an ID point of view. If anyone knows of a good redstone logic update, I'm all ears.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 8, 2013, 03:22 PM

I'm thinking stuff like AE and factorization added into Hexxit would be tough, since they include woldgen ores. I'd be happy with Ender Chests, Portal Gun, and BC or just waiting for the full modpack to come together and keep our current Hexxit world unchanged.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Oct 8, 2013, 06:47 PM

I think AE mods has an option to force regen of ores in existing chunks.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 8, 2013, 10:06 PM

So far, the MODpacks chosen are, in no particular order:
MineCraftForge1.6.4-9.11.1.916
bspkrsCorev3.05 - core mod
TreeCapiitator.Forge.1.6.4.r02
BattleTowers_1.6.4
BetterDungeons1.5.1 (*)
BiblioCraftv1.4.1 (*)
buildcraft-A-1.6.2-4.1.0
ChickenChunks1.3.3.3
CodeChickenCore-1.6.4 (core)
DimensionalDoors-1.5.4 (*)
Ender-Storage-Mod-1.6.4
ExtraBiomesXL-universal-1.6.4-3.14.2
Factorization0.8.04beta17 (*)
Natura1.6.2_2.1.9
NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.5
obsidiplates-1.6.2-universal (*)
TConstruct_1.6.4_1.4.7

(*) these mods are not "officially compatible" with 1.6.4, but we're going to try it anyways

I'm still collecting and speculating on all this, so feel free to make suggestions. So far, I've ruled out IC and PowerSuits just from a game balance viewpoint. I'm still debating flying abilities, again for balance reasons. (As Blaze so elegantly put it once, Flying is OP) If you like flying, see if you can hunt down a mod that does it without being obnoxious about it.

I've play-tested about half the above, and it does work at this point. My goal is not to make a mod that's for public use, just one we all like to tinker in. Think a 'best of' between hexxit and tekkit classic, with some thought put into game balance.

Let me know what you all think of the list. Love some feedback

cycl0pse
(y'know, one of these days I"m going to slip and actually sign this with my name, not my handle. oh well.)

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 11, 2013, 05:40 PM

OK, so I'm getting irritated. Anyone out there have forge loaded? If so, can you get D.Door working with 1.6.4? I keep getting a crash report...

very irritating...

(all the other mods are working as a pack.. .go figure)

Update
OK, DimDoor is still only 1.5.4

How much do we like it?
( Last edited by cycl0pse; Oct 11, 2013 at 05:52 PM. )

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 13, 2013, 09:31 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls. I present unto you...
ANNOUNCING Custom Modpack, V0.8!!!!!

Before we talk about what's in said modpack, let's talk about where said modpack can be found. First I attempted to make a private pack for the Technic launcher, but for the time being it's 1.5.4 only (1.6.x is in beta) When they finally get that off beta, i'll go ahead and make it. Until then, I've created a zip file housing all the installation media needed to setup the pack using the Minecraft launcher. It includes the version of Forge needed, the MOD directory, and the CONFIG directory. Simply download, expand, install Forge, and copy\paste everything to their appropriate folders.

You can download the zip file here: http:/cycl0pse.dyndns.org/Polyphemus0.8.zip
You can access the server here: cycl0pse.dyndns.org:25590

Now, lets look at the MODS themselves. Here's what I've included:
Code:
CORE MODS CodeChickenCore-1.6.4.jar iChunUtil2.3.0.zip immibis-core-57.0.0.jar NEIPlugins-1.1.0.2.jar [1.6.4]bspkrsCorev3.05.zip APPLIED ENERGISTICS appeng-rv13-c-mc162.jar BATTLE TOWERS BattleTowers_1.6.4.zip BILBIOCRAFT BiblioCraft[v1.4.1].zip BUILDCRAFT buildcraft-A-1.6.2-4.1.0.jar CHICKEN CHUNKS ChickenChunks 1.3.3.3.jar CHOCOCRAFT Chococraft_3.0.1.zip COLOURFUL PORTALS ColourfulPortals_v.1.2.1_for_1.6.4.zip ENCHANTING PLUS EnchantingPlus-1.16.5.zip ENDER STORAGE Ender-Storage-Mod-1.6.4.jar EXPERIENCE CHEST Exp Chest v3.1.40.--.zip EXTRABIOMES XL ExtrabiomesXL-universal-1.6.4-3.14.2.jar FACTORIZATION Factorization-0.8.04beta17.jar IMMIBIS MICROBLOCKS immibis-microblocks-57.0.1.jar MAPWRITER mapwriter-2.0.11.zip NATURA Natura_1.6.2_2.1.9.jar NOT ENOUGH ITEMS NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.5.jar OBSIDIPLATES obsidiplates-1.6.2-universal-2.0.0.15.jar PORTAL GUN PortalGun2.0.1.zip AND PortalGunSounds.pak REDLOGIC redlogic-57.0.0.jar RUINS Ruins_1.6.4.zip TINKERTS CONSTRUCT TConstruct_1.6.4_1.4.7.jar TWILIGHT FOREST twilightforest-1.20.1.jar TREECAPITATOR [1.6.4]TreeCapitator.Forge.1.6.4.r02.Univ
Mods I like but can't add yet (not updated to 1.6.4) are:
Dimensional Doors
Better Dungeons

Now for a few explanations. First, Colourful Portals is a stopgap until DimDoors updates to 1.6.4. It lets you link places just like myst books or dim doors. Second, the experience chest lets you store XP. That way, after a good long grinding session, that stupid lag-infested creeper doesn't zap it all. Battle Towers, BilbioCraft, and Ruins are pretty much a 'best-of' from Hexxit. The rest should be self-explanitory.

For now, this is just a test-drive for a day or so and see what you think. If you like it, and the pre-generated world, we'll keep it. If you want to add things, we'll give it a try. If you hate it, we'll reconsider.

cycl0pse
( Last edited by cycl0pse; Oct 14, 2013 at 08:21 AM. Reason: reformatted some text for legibility)

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 13, 2013, 09:56 PM

Holy moly, that was quicker than expected!

I'll find some time tomorrow afternoon to give it a test. I'll also have to read up on what redlogic is.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 13, 2013, 10:02 PM

andi*pandi
Oct 14, 2013, 02:20 PM

Fyi, there is a mineshaft underneath horse world.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 14, 2013, 08:10 PM

Hey cyclops I'm going to need a bit more hand-holding.

I've installed Forge and everything but I'm very unclear on where to put the folders "mod" and "config." I assume somewhere within the application support folder for Minecraft, but I'm not sure where exactly.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 14, 2013, 08:21 PM

short version
make a mod and config folder in the main minecraft directory. copy the files from the zip file to the directory.

I run minecraft on a PC, so translate to MAC as needed.

long version
Step one: install forge (done!)
Step two: run forge once to build the files and directory. be sure to use the forge profile, not the core minecraft one.
Step three: in the .minecraft directory, create a mod and config folder, if they don't exist.
step four: copy the contents of mod to mod and config to config
step five: launch minecraft with the forge profile and have at it.

if you need more, let me know the OS and i'll dig up screen shots

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 14, 2013, 08:25 PM

Okay I'm pretty sure I did everything right, but trying to join the server says I don't have FML installed and boots me, I am running the FML profile from the Minecraft launcher so I dunno what I did wrong.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 14, 2013, 08:28 PM

I think I may have figured it out, the vanilla launcher is fairly new to me.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 14, 2013, 08:29 PM

good news: I see you hitting it with forge now. just need the mods in the right place now

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 14, 2013, 09:53 PM

OK, the more I play test this, the more I want to tweak the mod list, and by 'tweak' I mean 'add stuff''. The 'loot' factor is well below Hexxit, and waiting for better dungeons to update is going to be a chore. So... Anyone who wants to play-test this I'm going to make an OP on the server. Beat it up, test for coolness, make sure it's what we want. If we like it, we'll keep it. If we want to tweak the setup, we'll start over.

Sek, you're already OOped. Anyone else interested?

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 15, 2013, 11:25 AM

Sek,
Sorry I wasn't around later. How did things go for a first spin?
cycl0pse

andi*pandi
Oct 15, 2013, 12:12 PM

1.5 means no horses in this new modpack? Not complaining, just wondering if I should be doing my horsing around on the new server if possible.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 15, 2013, 12:26 PM

Andi,
The new server is based on Minecraft 1.6.4 with Forge loaded on top of it. All of the MODS are 1.6.4 compatible. So yes, we have horses there... we just haven't found any yet. For the record, I've named the mod Polyphemus. Go wiki it for the connection

the idea behind the new server is to mix the various mods we like best into one playable server. I've been concentrating on keeping the mod as balanced as possible (let's face it, Modular powersuits makes survival seem like creative) while adding the various toys we like. Right now, I can safely say this is not the final version ... I'm going to want to add a few things before we call it done. So for now, everyone is OP on the new server. Give it a test drive and kick the tires. Once we get it where we like it, I'll pack it up nice and tidy.

cycl0pse

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 15, 2013, 03:55 PM

What do you mean by OP? I was unable to spawn myself stuff with NEI or fly or anything if that's what it means.

At any rate the mod list is looking very close, the only issue I had is with BC's limited amount of engines to produce MJ. The engines from Thermal Expansion are a great choice, but I'm pretty sure that mod isn't up to 1.6.4 yet. Railcraft has some options as well, and is probably the mod I've played the least with at this point, I'm pretty sure it's compatible with 1.6.4. Translocators are pretty damn sweet from what I'm seeing on Dire's Forgecraft 2 series, but only at 1.5.2 at the moment.

One thing I did notice... The ore generation from Hexxit is awesome, seeing diamond and gold spawn at any Y level takes some tedium out of getting those first few milestones. I do not believe Polyphemus currently has the same generation as the Hexxit server. I have yet to see anything other than coal and the gravel ores aboveground.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 15, 2013, 04:25 PM

By OP, I mean you're an operator (read as: godmode) on the server. To activate it, go into inventory and look in the upper left corner. Find the button that toggles between survival, creative, creative+, and adventure. put yourself in either creative or creative+ for godmode with flying and all that.

Now, go into the settings and change out of recipe mode to (whatever the phrasing for 'give' mode is) and you can give yourself whatever you like.

(andi and blaze, you have the same functionality if you want to test this out)

As for the ore spawning... it's actually a setting in the Thermal Expansion core (cofh) which, for now, is still at 1.5.4 <sigh>
So as soon as it updates, we are so going there! There was also an underground biomes mod I found that allows you to increase spawn rates... but it slowed the chunk generation down severely, so I nixed it.

I may have found an alternative, but it will require a world re-build. Take a look at it here:
[1.6.4][FORGE] Custom Ore Generation: First Revival - Minecraft Forum

it's looking like we do need some changes to polish this up (beyond waiting for some other mods to update) but I'd like to roll the changes into one update (and one world reset). So let's start thinking about the v0.9 wish-list. I'd be willing to add railcraft, but honestly it's not that big of a deal. I have DW20 for my railroad fix and the other adds, beyond boilers, aren't that useful. I'll be honest and say I'm avoiding IC because, quite frankly, it's a big game-changer (yes, I'm looking at Nano Armor!) I found I had more fun with a bit of a challenge.

Any other suggestions to add in? I noticed there are a bunch of add-ons for tinkers. any look worth it?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 15, 2013, 04:31 PM

Tinkers is definitely my favorite "crafting" mod, more combinations and things to smelt/create seems like gravy to me.

Adding Railcraft just so I can make MJ with steam isn't worth it, I'll look into other possible ways to make power, the idea of a bank of combustion engines sounds....dangerous.

I'll be kicking around on the server soon, but my main attention is the Red Sox ALCS game...

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 15, 2013, 04:44 PM

Good luck to the RSox... The Pirates were out in 5, but after 21 losing seasons, we'll take it!

On Minecraft, I'll look into BC engines. Also, parts of project zulu may be worthwhile.

If steam engines from Railcraft makes power generation easier, then I'm more than willing to go there. May as well.. we can always just not use parts of it. (besides, I'm into the whole steampunk thing, and railcraft is basically steampunk minecraft)

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 15, 2013, 04:58 PM

Still unable to cheat anything in, I've played around with every conceivable option in NEI so I have no idea what I'm missing.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2013, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Tinkers is definitely my favorite "crafting" mod, more combinations and things to smelt/create seems like gravy to me.

Adding Railcraft just so I can make MJ with steam isn't worth it, I'll look into other possible ways to make power, the idea of a bank of combustion engines sounds....dangerous.

I'll be kicking around on the server soon, but my main attention is the Red Sox ALCS game...
I just realized... AE has a constant (high) power draw requirement. There's no way in that mod list to fully automate power production. You can feed wood into a sterling engine but at 1MJ per tick it you will need like 20 to keep up. And there's no way to auto collect wood. You'r best bet is oil=>fuel=>combustion engine but you'd have to use ender tanks (are they in the ender storage mod you're using?) for long distance oil transport.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 15, 2013, 05:13 PM

There's ways to only power on the AE system when needed and new Gate conditionals with BC power pipes to only trigger the engines when power is requested. It won't be as overkill as the boiler from DW fed by infinite bee oil, but that's kinda the point.

Still, Combustion engines are hardly ideal, but if I'm using them in an as-needed system instead of always-on then we might not have explosions.

Edit: Yes ender tanks are in ender storage, which will be the only way to remote power a quarry.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 15, 2013, 08:27 PM

couple things:

1: I had an ID-10-T error... I added folks to the OP file, but didn't resync the server. It's re-sync'd now.
2: I have little personal experience with AE, but now that it's brought up I remember it's a power hog. The question is: do we pretty much need IC for AE to be practical, or is there a worthwhile alternative?

Keep kicking the tires on this. Call me crazy, but I really want something stable that can last us a bit.

cycl0pse

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2013, 09:01 PM

Factorization has solar steam generation, just no MJ engine.
Logistics pipes doesn't have standby power draw. Takes diamonds instead of the quartz but not a debilitating amount.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 16, 2013, 12:40 PM

So playing around last night and talking with Sek, it looks like v0.8 is going to be v0.85 real soon. I already identified some mods i want to add in that hopefully won't require a new test world. I'll compile the list in a bit, but I have two I'd like some input on.

1- Forestry
2- Thaumcraft

Thoughts and comments?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 16, 2013, 04:14 PM

Thaumcraft kinda fits the motif, especially with the new wand system. Something about storming dungeons wielding a lighting wand seems right.

I can take or leave Forestry to be honest.

I did some testing of a small AE system (5 ME chests, Controller, Monitor, Crafting Monitor, 4k Storage each chest) and the results were promising. One Combustion Engine running on Fuel will provide 30 AE Power Units, the above setup uses 18-19. A single bucket of Fuel will run the engine for 45 minutes straight, and the system takes about 5 seconds from dead empty to powered on. I have several ideas on how best to setup the main AE system with careful consideration to fuel consumption. There will be a 'main breaker' for the workshop that can be turned on manually to power up the AE network and whatever else needs MJ (which won't be much really) and ideally there would be an automatic trigger when items are entering the system through the main ender chest and need to be stored in the network. Items like cobble, etc, that the Quarry produces can be dealt with prior to this trigger. Also the 'input' chest to the AE network will have a rather large buffer of chests so things won't get bound up if the power should fail.
I think three combustion engines running on fuel could make enough power to supply a small auto-crafting setup when needed. Obviously leaving this stuff running 24/7 would be completely unmanageable.

Next to tinker with is Factorization. Besides the stuff we used on the DW server I have no experience with any of the machines.

andi*pandi
Oct 16, 2013, 04:56 PM

to hell with bees. to hell I say!

The backpacks we use in FTB are not forestry backpacks right?

I never got to get into Thaum, as it a) seemed complicated and b) others had it handled... but magic is fun.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Oct 16, 2013, 05:02 PM

Those were ender pouches.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 16, 2013, 05:17 PM

Andi, yea, the backpacks we used that went straight to storage were ender pouches. good stuff. I'm also going to bring in the backpack mod from Hexxit ... I miss the portable crafting options.

Looking like 'aye' to Thaum but 'nay' to Forest. That works for me. I'll post the proposed changes later today.

andi*pandi
Oct 17, 2013, 10:18 AM

Not ender pouches, the backpacks you could dye. I carried a few. Made it nice to have one for tools, one for supplies, and left the rest of your inventory for building materials.

They look like forestry backpacks, but those seem to be more item/task specific (Miner's Backpack).

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 17, 2013, 10:38 AM

Ahh, those are Forestry backpacks. Fortunately, there's a stand-alone mod that allows for dyed backpacks that I'm going to add (it's the one used in Hexxit). The only limit to them is you cannot store a backpack inside another backpack (but you CAN store it in an ender pouch).

I'm working on the update now. 0.85 will not require a server recreate, but 0.9 will since I want to add parts of Project Zulu.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Oct 17, 2013, 10:39 AM

The pouches from redpower are gone. The backpack mod he's talking about is equivalent.

andi*pandi
Oct 17, 2013, 11:01 AM

woo!

I have halloween costumes to make, not sure when I'll get to do the install/setup/testing out of this, but thanks for trying it out C!

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 17, 2013, 03:34 PM

I've devised an update strategy and would like some feedback. The first step I can apply now and not need to generate a new world, but it doesn't do much beyond adding some 'toys'. The update that makes significant changes will require a world regeneration, which I don't want to do frequently. The 'easy' update is 0.85. The 'detailed' one is 0.90.

The cool thing about Forge is, you can have more mods loaded on the client side than the server does. So I'm not even going to package the 0.85 update, just the 0.90. Better still, you can download it as soon as it's ready and install it before the server gets updated. With that in mind, here's the details of the update:

Polyphemus v0.85 and v0.90
Notes:
The 0.85 update makes simple changes to the system without requiring a complete world regeneration.
Update 0.90 makes more drastic changes and requires a new world generation. It's also riskier.
Change log:
Removed EXPERIENCE CHEST. (Works great in SSP, not so much in SMP)
Added the following:
- 0.85 -
ARMOR BAR- displays your armor and wear bars in the HUD
BACKPACKS- adds a variety of backpacks
GLOWSTONE WIRE- very simple mod: allows you to place glowstone dust as a light source
LANTERNS MOD- adds a hand-held lantern and candles
VANILLA PLUS- adds the ability to craft vanilla items, like obsidian picks or emerald swords
* 0.90 *
CUSTOM ORE GENERATION- lets you define how (and where) the various ores spawn. does not add new items
PROJECT ZULU- I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the tombstones. I also miss some of the dungeons and monsters
ROTTEN FLESH 2 LEATHER- lets you bake zombie scraps into leather, but not as easily as in hexxit.
THAUMCRAFT- After reading up on the changes, it seems fun and (mostly) balanced.
UNDERGROUND BIOMES- Most controversial add. love how it makes more 'building' blocks by varying cobblestone. hate how it lags the chunk loading. we'll see how it goes...
Code:
CORE MODS CodeChickenCore-1.6.4.jar iChunUtil2.3.0.zip immibis-core-57.0.0.jar NEIPlugins-1.1.0.2.jar [1.6.4]bspkrsCorev3.05.zip -ARMOR BAR ArmorBarv0.8.2(1.6).zip APPLIED ENERGISTICS appeng-rv13-c-mc162.jar -BACKPACK backpack-1.18.17-1.6.2.zip BATTLE TOWERS BattleTowers_1.6.4.zip BILBIOCRAFT BiblioCraft[v1.4.1].zip BUILDCRAFT buildcraft-A-1.6.2-4.1.0.jar CHICKEN CHUNKS ChickenChunks 1.3.3.3.jar CHOCOCRAFT Chococraft_3.0.1.zip COLOURFUL PORTALS ColourfulPortals_v.1.2.1_for_1.6.4.zip *CUSTON ORE GEN CustomOreGenRevived-1.6.4-1.0.6.jar ENCHANTING PLUS EnchantingPlus-1.16.5.zip ENDER STORAGE Ender-Storage-Mod-1.6.4.jar EXTRABIOMES XL ExtrabiomesXL-universal-1.6.4-3.14.2.jar FACTORIZATION Factorization-0.8.04beta17.jar -GLOWSTONE WIRE GSWireUniversal-1.6.x-srg-b111Forge.jar IMMIBIS MICROBLOCKS immibis-microblocks-57.0.1.jar -LANTERS MOD LanternsMod(1.4).zip MAPWRITER mapwriter-2.0.11.zip NATURA Natura_1.6.2_2.1.9.jar NOT ENOUGH ITEMS NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.5.jar OBSIDIPLATES obsidiplates-1.6.2-universal-2.0.0.15.jar PORTAL GUN PortalGun2.0.1.zip AND PortalGunSounds.pak *PROJECT ZULU ProjectZuluCompletev1.1.5.3.zip REDLOGIC redlogic-57.0.0.jar *ROTTEN FLESH LEATHER Rotten_Flesh_To_Leather_HARDCORE_Forge_1.6.2.zip RUINS Ruins_1.6.4.zip *THAUMCRAFT Thaumcraft4.0.2a.zip TINKERTS CONSTRUCT TConstruct_1.6.4_1.4.7.jar TWILIGHT FOREST twilightforest-1.20.1.jar TREECAPITATOR [1.6.4]TreeCapitator.Forge.1.6.4.r02.Univ *UNDERGROUND BIOMES UndergroundBiomes 1.6.x - 0.4.2a.zip -VANILLA PLUS VanillaPlus[V.1.3.2].zip
I hope to have the update packaged by tomorrow so I can update the server Saturday. I'm also looking into packaging this using the technic launcher (found someone who successfully made a 1.6.4 package with it, which is awesome). If (IF) I can make that work, this gets a LOT easier for everyone involved.

thoughts?

cycl0pse

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 17, 2013, 04:07 PM

I'm willing to wait for the 0.9 update because a new world gen has no real impact. My builds are all tests, and successful ones, I don't need them at this point since I've learned what I set out to learn.

Looking over Forestry I can imagine many things being useful (Clockwork Engine is great early-game power and multifarms are sweet) and I think Bees won't unbalance the game since I don't think anyone is willing to devote the time it takes to get oil/diamond/etc bees (I sure don't). I might use them to breed some cool trees, but that's about it.

What is the mod that adds the visual health bars on enemies? Is that armor bar?

Edit: I think Factorization is an excellent choice for ore processing. It's complicated and slow yet yields 400% in the end, I've got a neat half-automated system going right now.

andi*pandi
Oct 17, 2013, 04:38 PM

With all the effort it took to get diamond bees, I thought I'd build a diamond house or something with all the diamonds. Nope.

Screw bees.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 17, 2013, 10:14 PM

Sek, that's "damage indicators". I like it, but part of me sees it as 'cheating' because it's more fun 'not knowing' how much that creeper has left before it goes... nevermind, adding it to the list.

Andi, is that a vote for "avoid forestry" or more of a "those damn bees are a pain"?

Blaze, quick question: have you play tested any of this or more curious to see what the end product is like?

cycl0pse

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Oct 18, 2013, 01:44 AM

I'm in another Ssp hc world making uu for quantum armor. And fighting insomnia.

andi*pandi
Oct 18, 2013, 09:00 AM

I don't need forestry. Sounds like there is plenty in the new pack.

Is the ftb world offline now?

Looking for a village near horselands in vanilla.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 18, 2013, 10:04 AM

None of the worlds are offline at this time. So the FTB DW20 is still there, as is Hexxit. I've learned that the server load is really defined by users (and chunk loaders) more than Minecraft instances. If we decide as a group that the FTB server just isn't worth keeping online, I'll archive it and turn it off. But there is no pressing need to do so.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 18, 2013, 10:04 PM

OK, ladies and gentlemen, we've had a breakthrough in MOD technology. Or rather, technic has. They updated their launcher to support 1.6.4 custom modpacks! (YAAAAAAAY!)

So, here's what you need to do....
Head on over to Technic Launcher - Technic Platform and download the launcher if you don't already have it.
Next, from the launcher select the "Add New Pack" option and copy this in: http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/polyphemus090

That's it! MOD loaded, so get ready to play... At least as soon as I modify the server! In the meantime, download and test out a SSP world. SEK or Blaze, if either one of you can give this a try, I'd appreciate it.

Now, for the changes. Here's what version 0.92 looks like:
removed Underground Biomes, as it lags badly no matter what
removed rotten flesh to leather because the new recipe is horrid
added yalsm because it's "yet another leather smelting mod"
played with custom ore generation settings

Code:
CORE MODS CodeChickenCore-1.6.4.jar iChunUtil2.3.0.zip immibis-core-57.0.0.jar NEIPlugins-1.1.0.2.jar [1.6.4]bspkrsCorev3.05.zip ARMOR BAR ArmorBarv0.8.2(1.6).zip APPLIED ENERGISTICS appeng-rv13-c-mc162.jar BACKPACK backpack-1.18.17-1.6.2.zip BATTLE TOWERS BattleTowers_1.6.4.zip BILBIOCRAFT BiblioCraft[v1.4.1].zip BUILDCRAFT buildcraft-A-1.6.2-4.1.0.jar CHICKEN CHUNKS ChickenChunks 1.3.3.3.jar CHOCOCRAFT Chococraft_3.0.1.zip COLOURFUL PORTALS ColourfulPortals_v.1.2.1_for_1.6.4.zip CUSTOM ORE GEN CustomOreGenRevived-1.6.4-1.0.6.jar DAMAGE INDICATORS 1.6.4 DamageIndicators v2.9.0.9.zip ENCHANTING PLUS EnchantingPlus-1.16.5.zip ENDER STORAGE Ender-Storage-Mod-1.6.4.jar EXTRABIOMES XL ExtrabiomesXL-universal-1.6.4-3.14.2.jar FACTORIZATION Factorization-0.8.04beta17.jar GLOWSTONE WIRE GSWireUniversal-1.6.x-srg-b111Forge.jar IMMIBIS MICROBLOCKS immibis-microblocks-57.0.1.jar LANTERS MOD LanternsMod(1.4).zip MAPWRITER mapwriter-2.0.11.zip NATURA Natura_1.6.2_2.1.9.jar NOT ENOUGH ITEMS NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.5.jar OBSIDIPLATES obsidiplates-1.6.2-universal-2.0.0.15.jar PORTAL GUN PortalGun2.0.1.zip AND PortalGunSounds.pak PROJECT ZULU ProjectZuluCompletev1.1.5.3.zip REDLOGIC redlogic-57.0.0.jar RUINS Ruins_1.6.4.zip THAUMCRAFT Thaumcraft4.0.2a.zip TINKERTS CONSTRUCT TConstruct_1.6.4_1.4.7.jar TWILIGHT FOREST twilightforest-1.20.1.jar TREECAPITATOR [1.6.4]TreeCapitator.Forge.1.6.4.r02.Univ VANILLA PLUS VanillaPlus[V.1.3.2].zip YALSM yalsm-1.0.0.jar

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 18, 2013, 10:27 PM

IT"S ALIVE!
Server updated to 0.92. (Sek, all your pretty machines are gone, sorry about that)

I still have people setup as OPs for now so we can test things. If all goes well, we'll run with it.

As a reminder, you can access the server here: cycl0pse.dyndns.org:25590

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 19, 2013, 04:36 PM

At the rate things are going, testing should be done by the end of the weekend and I'll switch us over to a live state. So anyone who wants to tinker with OP/admin rights, now's a great time.

Some preliminary pictures:

smelter with some automation

advanced enchanting table

colorful portals

cool generated scenery

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 19, 2013, 06:28 PM

The final full-scale test.

Tapped two medium sized oil wells and fed into a single refinery powered by 3 Combustion engines. AE crafting setup with two disk drives and wireless access uses one engine with sporadic bursts from a second. Oil wells are still around 80% capacity and there is a net gain of refined fuel with everything up and running. I'm pretty sure you could interface with a smeltery controller and auto-request alloys, clear glass, etc... Of course the resources needed to craft the Ender Tanks, refinery, chunk loaders, and entire AE system won't be mined overnight, but at least I know what to shoot for and a good way to go about doing it.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Oct 20, 2013, 10:43 AM

so I'm pretty happy with the current MOD list. Once Dimensional Doors and Better Dungeons update I"ll definately want to add them, and I still debate railcraft, but otherwise I'm very happy. So now to find a map and start for real.

I discovered two maps worth trying. One has interesting terrain and a close village, but is very hilly. The other is in the dead center of a savannah, flat, with a village nearby.

What's everyone's preferences with a starter map?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 21, 2013, 04:43 PM

I'd prefer a flat open area to start with. Village near spawn goes a long way the first several nights as well.

Forum Links
Forum Rules