Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Aspyr marks Mac availability of Civilization V: Gold Edition

Aspyr marks Mac availability of Civilization V: Gold Edition
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Feb 21, 2013, 11:40 PM

Game porting company Aspyr has revealed that the world domination turn-based strategy game Civilization V has a new package available -- Civilization V: Gold Edition is now shipping for OS X. The new revision includes every piece of Civilization V content, including the base game, all downloadable content, and the Gods and Kings expansion.

In its entirety, the Civilization V: Gold Edition includes Civilization V base game, packs for Babylon, Spain and Inca, Polynesia, Denmark and the Vikings, Korea, the Americas, Asia, the Mediterranean, Mesopotamia, the Explorer's Map Pack, the Wonders of the Ancient World, all bundled with the Gods and Kings expansion pack. The Gold Edition is available on Steam, Aspyr's GameAgent Store and other digital retailers. The Gold Edition is not currently available on the Mac App Store. The Civilization V: Campaign Edition and all of its in-app content have been repriced to allow for the same content to be purchased at the same price as the Gold Edition, for a limited time. Minimum system requirements for Civilization V: Gold Edition are 10.6.8 and above, a 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo or greater, 4GB of RAM, the Radeon HD 2600 or Geforce 8800 or better, and 256MB of VRAM.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Feb 22, 2013 at 03:23 AM. )

cgc
Professional Poster
Feb 22, 2013, 10:58 AM

So Aspyr is simply a "game porting company" and they don't create games?
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." Frank Drebin, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

Grendelmon
Senior User
Feb 22, 2013, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by cgc View Post
So Aspyr is simply a "game porting company" and they don't create games?
I believe so. I don't think they have any original titles, although they have a couple iOS games that might be original.

cgc
Professional Poster
Feb 22, 2013, 02:19 PM

Didn't know that. I can sleep easy knowing I learned something today Thanks.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." Frank Drebin, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

blahblahbber
Banned
Feb 22, 2013, 04:19 PM

I learned something too!... Was wondering how Prey came to be.

Forum Links
Forum Rules