Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > IIsi

IIsi
bamadhaj
Feb 20, 2000, 06:04 AM

i've got IIsi . Can i change the original harddisk to a bigger one ? will anything DRASTIC occur to the IIsi ?

Seagull
Feb 20, 2000, 08:16 AM

The Macintosh IIsi has a SCSI hard disk. You can buy a larger SCSI hard disk to replace the one in it. I don't know if there is a size limit on the hard disks that the IIsi can use but I think it should be able to use hard disks of at least 1GB or 2BG in size.

Probably nothing serious will happen to the computer if you replace the hard disk, so you don't worry about it.

More information on the IIsi, go to http://www.everymac.com/systems/appl.../mac_iisi.html

drewman
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2000, 04:20 PM

If you are running 7.5.1 or later on the SI, you can access any size SCSI drive that you could want to install in that old a model.

Whether the power supply could spinup and maintain an 18GB hard drive is questionable, but so would the person who would want to put an 18GB hard drive in an SI.

drewman

bamadhaj
Feb 23, 2000, 01:53 PM

i was thinking of 1 - 2 gb , that would be appropiate for my IIsi- i just feel 80 mb is a tiny weebit small for me .

thanks for the info - mucho apprecite it .

Tim Michael
Feb 25, 2000, 06:52 PM

The operating system is the constraint. The drive cage in the IIsi should hold any recent drive and let it work fine.

Other World Computing (macsales.com) used to have pretty good prices on Apple ROM drives that will work easily in your machine. You can probably get a 1G drive for less that $50 now. Or close.

Forum Links
Forum Rules