Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Why hasn't anyone cleaned up the gay dating thread?

Why hasn't anyone cleaned up the gay dating thread?
Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 20, 2006, 08:10 AM

It's a nightmare in there, but it shouldn't be locked, since it went well for 5 pages, and dcolton wrecked it, stating that he wanted it locked due to his homophobic rantings.

The posts should be deleted because they are in no way acceptable in the lounge. The poli lounge maybe, but not the general lounge.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Nov 20, 2006, 11:06 AM

They were definitely a derailment, inflammatory, and unnecessary. And that seems to be grounds for deletion.

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 20, 2006, 01:43 PM

I agree.

Railroader
Banned
Nov 20, 2006, 03:01 PM

As long as the thread stays clean and simply talks about meeting people and not actual discussions of sex I think the thread should stay open.

dcolton was quite retarded in there and his posts, and the posts replying to him, should be deleted.

Demonhood
Administrator
Nov 20, 2006, 03:36 PM

cleaned with clorox.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Nov 20, 2006, 03:47 PM

Excellent work mods

Railroader
Banned
Nov 20, 2006, 06:33 PM

Thanks mods.

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 20, 2006, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Demonhood View Post
cleaned with clorox.
Wow, the screen even seems whiter now....amazing!

dcolton
Banned
Nov 20, 2006, 10:09 PM

why the **** haven't the mods deleted the gay dating thread. It is sickening.

Why is it okay to call someone a nigger but not okay to challenge a suspect lifestyle, demonhood? Be fair for once.

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 20, 2006, 10:17 PM

dcolton, please do not use the N word in here, im sure there are some black members that find it offensive, I for one do, and the gay dating thread should stay because homosexuality is a part of life, If you dont like whats posted there then dont read it. Simple effective solution

dcolton
Banned
Nov 20, 2006, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by brokecollegestudentF04 View Post
dcolton, please do not use the N word in here, im sure there are some black members that find it offensive, I for one do, and the gay dating thread should stay because homosexuality is a part of life, If you dont like whats posted there then dont read it. Simple effective solution
Someone called me a nigger and you have the audacity to chide me? WTF is the matter with you?

MattJeff
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 20, 2006, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by dcolton View Post
why the **** haven't the mods deleted the gay dating thread. It is sickening.

Why is it okay to call someone a nigger but not okay to challenge a suspect lifestyle, demonhood? Be fair for once.
its not ok to call someone that, if you want to start a thead Challengeing a lifestyle be carefull what you say and dont harm someone. i dont beleive that thread was aimed at the topic of whether the life was right or wrong. start your own thread if you wanna discus that, and again please be respectful of other people.

dcolton
Banned
Nov 20, 2006, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by MattJeff View Post
its not ok to call someone that, if you want to start a thead Challengeing a lifestyle be carefull what you say and dont harm someone. i dont beleive that thread was aimed at the topic of whether the life was right or wrong. start your own thread if you wanna discus that, and again please be respectful of other people.
Someone just called me a ****ing nigger, and apparantly that is alright. I am just trying to figure out what the deal is. I can guarantee if I started calling people fags, the gay mods would ban me in a moments notice. But call someone a nigger, hey...its okay. Damned hypocrites.

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 20, 2006, 10:39 PM

just stop dcolton please..

dcolton
Banned
Nov 20, 2006, 10:41 PM

just stop dcolton please..
Like I said, not until a mod acknowledges the situation. Someone called me a nigger. AM I supposed to just bend over and be happy about it?

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 20, 2006, 10:44 PM

am I supposed to just bend over and be happy about it?
It's starting to sound like that is exactly what you want.

dcolton
Banned
Nov 20, 2006, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
It's starting to sound like that is exactly what you want.
See, that is funny...as opposed to calling a black person a nigger.

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 21, 2006, 12:04 AM

there just words on a computer, be a man and deal with it, walk away say oh well someone thinks im that i got much better things to do with my time then to worry about whos calling me the N word

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 21, 2006, 12:07 AM

See, that is funny...as opposed to calling a black person a nigger.
Consider the source. He was just baiting you so he could then play the self righteous indignation act.

And you fell for it.

Not that what you was doing was any different.

You don't have to agree with a person's beliefs or lifestyles to be nice to them.

dcolton
Banned
Nov 21, 2006, 12:08 AM

there just words on a computer, be a man and deal with it, walk away say oh well someone thinks im that i got much better things to do with my time then to worry about whos calling me the N word
You don't have an issue with macnn supporting racists and members calling black members niggers? Are you a nigger? Is it okay for me to call you a nigger? If the nigger word bothers you, why do you protest a protest of members calling black members niggers. Are you saying I should accept someone calling me a nigger and just walk away...thus saying it is okay for members to use the word nigger. What exactly is bothering you here...the word nigger or a nigger standing up to a racist who called him a nigger?

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 21, 2006, 12:12 AM

I dont even see why its a big deal its a free country people are gonna say what they are gonna say, the N word bothers me yes but if someone calls me it im not gonna go crazy over it, im just gonna brush it off and walk away

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 21, 2006, 12:13 AM

Words only have power if you give them power.

dcolton
Banned
Nov 21, 2006, 12:14 AM

Consider the source. He was just baiting you so he could then play the self righteous indignation act.

And you fell for it.

Not that what you was doing was any different.

You don't have to agree with a person's beliefs or lifestyles to be nice to them.
Nope, I didn't fall for anything. If you knew me, you would understand the overall point.

Pro-family values are censored while gay sex threads are encourages. Foreigners are allowed to bash Americans, compare Bush to Hitler...but we cannot criticize canadians. And now, members are allowed to call black members niggers.

I am trying to understand why it is okay to call someone a nigger but it isn't okay to disagree a lifestyle...or challenge canadians when they attack the US. If gays and canadians make an uproar, Demonhood erases posts.

But call someone a nigger...and it is okay. Once again mods, please explain why you endorse the use of the word nigger to describe members. Why is it wrong to question why there is a gay hook up thread or to challenge canadian comments but okay to call a black person a nigger on this forum.

And that wasn't the only personal attack the racist made. There have been a flurry of them. So, I just ask...is this bias, racism, or apathy on the part of the mods who are suspect in their non action.

dcolton
Banned
Nov 21, 2006, 12:15 AM

I dont even see why its a big deal its a free country people are gonna say what they are gonna say, the N word bothers me yes but if someone calls me it im not gonna go crazy over it, im just gonna brush it off and walk away
Yet you continue to post in this thread.

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 21, 2006, 12:16 AM

Words only have power if you give them power.
Exactly... People let things bother them too much and then go off liek this

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 21, 2006, 12:19 AM

Pro-family values are censored while gay sex threads are encourages. Foreigners are allowed to bash Americans, compare Bush to Hitler...but we cannot criticize canadians. And now, members are allowed to call black members niggers.
While I agree some one-sidedness goes on, it's not to that extreme. The mods claims they are working on it. And it seems good so far. Lets give them the benefit of the doubt.
I am trying to understand why it is okay to call someone a nigger but it isn't okay to disagree a lifestyle...or challenge canadians when they attack the US.
I don't think anyone says it is ok.
If gays and canadians make an uproar, Demonhood erases posts.
Not just your posts. And he SHOULD have erased them. I approve of such actions.
But call someone a nigger...and it is okay.
Who said it was ok?

dcolton
Banned
Nov 21, 2006, 12:28 AM

While I agree some one-sidedness goes on, it's not to that extreme. The mods claims they are working on it. And it seems good so far. Lets give them the benefit of the doubt.
Benefit of the doubt? Either someone is allowed to call a member a nigger or not. There are no ifs ands or buts about it. Seriously, if I were to call someone a fag in the gay sex thread, I would have been banned in a minute.
I don't think anyone says it is ok.
inaction speaks for it self.
Not just your posts. And he SHOULD have erased them. I approve of such actions.
No, he shouldn't have. The gay sex thread is only intended to influence minors. An alternative voice is imperative. On top of that, the idea that homosexuality is a behavior is debateable.
Who said it was ok?
Silence speaks more than words. At least the audience had the balls to walk out of Richards tirade. MacNN has remained suspiciously silent over this incident. I would say at this point, MacNN supports racism against blacks. I guess just enough blacks don't own apples for them to care. But god forbid you utter a word against NAMBLA or those who smell assholes as a past time.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 21, 2006, 12:40 AM

Again wait till tomorrow. See what happens. Or not.

dcolton
Banned
Nov 21, 2006, 12:44 AM

Again wait till tomorrow. See what happens. Or not.
Fair enough. I am doubting it though. I have been through similar situations with Demonhood who is pretty blatant about his bias.

Atheist
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2006, 01:12 AM

Holy F@K ... are you people all 12 years old??? This has got to be some of the most inane crap I've seen in a while.

And dcolton... what on earth is your deal? Were you terrorized by a penis as a child?

dcolton
Banned
Nov 21, 2006, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
Holy F@K ... are you people all 12 years old??? This has got to be some of the most inane crap I've seen in a while.

And dcolton... what on earth is your deal? Were you terrorized by a penis as a child?
So you are saying questioning homosexuality is unacceptable but calling someone a nigger is ok?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2006, 02:01 AM

So you are saying questioning homosexuality is unacceptable but calling someone a nigger is ok?
He didn't call you a nigger. He pointed out that you were approving a man who called black people "niggers" and who made racist comments about abusing said "niggers." He was specifically talking about Michael Richards' words. Considering you supposedly weren't offended by Michael Richards' rantings, you're making an awful big deal out of SWG quoting him.

What this is actually about is you not liking SWG because he's openly gay. And you know, you have a right not to like people for any reason at all. But that doesn't mean you have to antagonize them at every turn. Cut it out before you get banned again.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

dcolton
Banned
Nov 21, 2006, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
He didn't call you a nigger. He pointed out that you were approving a man who called black people "niggers" and who made racist comments about abusing said "niggers." He was specifically talking about Michael Richards' words. Considering you supposedly weren't offended by Michael Richards' rantings, you're making an awful big deal out of SWG quoting him.

What this is actually about is you not liking SWG because he's openly gay. And you know, you have a right not to like people for any reason at all. But that doesn't mean you have to antagonize them at every turn. Cut it out before you get banned again.
I didn't even know the racist was gay. So there goes that theory. Incidently, SWG didn't quote anyone, he flat out called me a nigger. But now that I know he is gay, I understand why it tool so long to only get the thread locked. I got banned for telling someone to shut up and a gay guy isn't even slapped on the wrist for calling me a nigger.

Incidently, nice spin.

MattJeff
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2006, 02:52 AM

MacNN does not Supports Racism. Gay people are not bad. black people are not bad. if you have a prob with gays then stop complaining about people who have a prob with you.no one said it was right for anyone to call you that. its wrong, end of story. that dosnt make it right for you to backlash against people, your not making the situation any better. Just end it. please.

dcolton
Banned
Nov 21, 2006, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by MattJeff View Post
MacNN does not Supports Racism. Gay people are not bad. black people are not bad. if you have a prob with gays then stop complaining about people who have a prob with you.no one said it was right for anyone to call you that. its wrong, end of story. that dosnt make it right for you to backlash against people, your not making the situation any better. Just end it. please.
Obviously macnn does support racism when nothing is done when a member calls a black member a nigger and the only thing done is a locked thread. Meanwhile, question homosexuality as a basis for a thread and you get banned. I refuse to end it until the racist bastard gets banned.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2006, 03:14 AM

I didn't even know the racist was gay. So there goes that theory. Incidently, SWG didn't quote anyone, he flat out called me a nigger. But now that I know he is gay, I understand why it tool so long to only get the thread locked. I got banned for telling someone to shut up and a gay guy isn't even slapped on the wrist for calling me a nigger.

Incidently, nice spin.
Read the first post of the thread again. Michael Richards was calling black people "niggers." You said that, as a black man, you were OK with what Michael Richards said. SWG replied, "Don't you mean, 'As a nigger?'" It was a sarcastic way of saying, "Are you really OK with somebody calling black people by that name?"

Seriously, it's right there in the first post of the thread, Michael Richards calling people that. You can see for yourself. That is what SWG was referring to.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 21, 2006, 03:15 AM

Please Stop this madness, its just a word brush it off and be a man about things, Im acting more mannish about things then you are at this point and im a girl. Just brush it off let it go, no point in getting your panties in a bunch over something small as this... Im sure i have some aggreement on others that have followed this thread

dcolton
Banned
Nov 21, 2006, 03:28 AM

Please Stop this madness, its just a word brush it off and be a man about things, Im acting more mannish about things then you are at this point and im a girl. Just brush it off let it go, no point in getting your panties in a bunch over something small as this... Im sure i have some aggreement on others that have followed this thread
No! I will not sit idly by as demonhood allows some gay guy to call me a nigger. There are things you just don't get. It has to do with my history with Demonhood and his apparant bias and now suspect racial views. I get banned for breathing wrong and this ****er gets away with calling me a nigger without as much as a slap on a wrist. On top of that, I just learned he is a gay guy...so surely his comment was serious considering I think gayness is a sexual perversion.

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 21, 2006, 03:47 AM

Just let things go man its not worth it... People are gonna do things there way no matter what you can say about it.. crap happens let it be.. I mean its not like your gonna get this forum put up on CNN for being supposedly racist, no that would be fox news that might actually take it since they are in with your gay bashing crowd..

dcolton
Banned
Nov 21, 2006, 03:56 AM

Just let things go man its not worth it... People are gonna do things there way no matter what you can say about it.. crap happens let it be.. I mean its not like your gonna get this forum put up on CNN for being supposedly racist, no that would be fox news that might actually take it since they are in with your gay bashing crowd..
You would be surprised what I can do. And unlike the gay haters who support racisms and posters who call black people niggers, I am not a gay basher. I am simply pro-family values who gays should be grateful to for educating the masses about the ills of the gay lifestyle. I love all people. I simply hate the sin, but love the sinner.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2006, 07:09 AM

How can you say he supports racism? Did you even read the OP and the title, where SWG says that Richards is "racist apesh*t" and "Ok is he totally nuts?" SWG is obviously not racist and he used the N word to try and subvert racism. So what if he touched on a taboo, you seem to have no trouble with that, going around saying faggot and buttmuncher, etc.

Oh for the record I'm not actually a faggot, but a queer (there's a difference, if you follow the lecture circuit on sexual dissidence). Nor am I buttmuncher but I am an assf*cker, I don't take it up the chuff but I'll give it if anyone is interested (hit me up on myspace)

Like tonight for instance, I'm looking for someone who's into peruvian flake and wants me to gag them with a latex fetishist restraining ball, maybe I could tie him up too (loose knots of course, in case something goes wrong). He needs to be clean too. And preferably low body fat. I don't do chubby, fem, hairy, or short.

My friend wants to watch. He used to be a straight Methodist but then after he read a Salty thread he turned into a raging homo (thus affirming dcolton's suspicions that those threads will turn you gay). He's a bit shy tho so he prefers to just operate the camera.

Anyways it's all going down at that motel in the ghetto, after I get off working dancing in a leather thong for money to pay my rent and tina habit.

Afterwards we will be plotting on how to further the International Gay Agenda (its like SPECTRE but more fabulous, secret headquarters in the far north of Canada)

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 21, 2006, 07:45 AM

honestly dc wasn't the only person that deserved banned.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2006, 08:01 AM

edited and deleted: since apparently trying to expose racism and homophobia can be misinterpreted by some people. i dont want another explosion

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 21, 2006, 08:03 AM

Kerrigan what was the point of posting that?

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2006, 08:05 AM

It's an arthouse flick, inspired by the alienation that black gay people feel in europe.

I edited b/c I think it would offend dcolton

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 21, 2006, 08:07 AM

Regardless of the excuses you made for SWG bad behavior, he acts and acted no better than dc.

The fact he wasn't booted as well sorta goes to prove dc's point. And that is sad. Because I wanted the mods to prove him wrong.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2006, 08:08 AM

btw: the "some people" I was referring to in my edit wasn't you

anyways maybe it's time to wrap this up and close the thread

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 21, 2006, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
He didn't call you a ******. He pointed out that you were approving a man who called black people "niggers" and who made racist comments about abusing said "niggers." He was specifically talking about Michael Richards' words. Considering you supposedly weren't offended by Michael Richards' rantings, you're making an awful big deal out of SWG quoting him.

He was being a baiting troll, that was doing nothing but make hateful remarks as well. Stop making excuses for his poor behavior.

SWG's anti-Christian rants are NOT DIFFERENT than dcolton's anti-gay rants.

SWG just gets away with it. They only difference. Atleast I am consistent an attempt to belittle both actions.

MacNN is the only place I know that doesn't put religious belief and sexual orientation on the same level of protected importance.

And that isn't something the mods can deny. I've been told myself by two different mods that they indeed do this.

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2006, 09:18 AM

MacNN: The Forum that Never Sleeps

bishopazrael
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2006, 10:04 AM

Holy Sh*t.... ALL you crazy frostbacks have issues. Please... go smoke some reefer and just... chill.

:::::muttering as I pack a pipe:::::uffpuff::: 'ere... 'ere... ::::::

and for clarification... I believe that you should do what you want to do.. be with who you want to be with... My philosophy is do what makes you happy... as long as it doesnt hurt anyone else. (hence why a nice bowl of maryjane's best should be legal here in the US!)

But to call someone something .. anything derogatory.. Ni**er, fag, cracker, beaner... whatever... thats just not cool man. Someone wants to be gay, let him be gay. Someone's black, or white, or chinese, whatever, fine. But calling them out because of that ... that just shows your ignorance.

Thanks... now back to the bowl.
( Last edited by bishopazrael; Nov 22, 2006 at 10:09 AM. Reason: adding)

Forum Links
Forum Rules