Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > If I buy a 12" now any place to return it if new come out?

If I buy a 12" now any place to return it if new come out?
ryanbrown345
Aug 6, 2003, 11:17 PM

Ok if I buy a new 12" powerbook and a new revision is within the next couple weeks is there any place that we can put a month guarentee? Thanks for the help

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 6, 2003, 11:20 PM

If there is, they won't last as a business for too long.

ryanbrown345  (op)
Aug 6, 2003, 11:22 PM

but compusa and fry's give you 14 days, so is there any place longer?

Uisce
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 6, 2003, 11:31 PM

Originally posted by ryanbrown345:
Ok if I buy a new 12" powerbook and a new revision is within the next couple weeks is there any place that we can put a month guarentee? Thanks for the help
If it comes out before yours ships, you can change your order to the new one. if the price on yours drops within 10 or 30 days, you can get money back.

If it ships, your SOL.

Uisce

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2003, 04:57 AM

Patience, patience...

Naz
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 7, 2003, 05:35 AM

WAIT! is very good advice.

this Rev B thing is starting to get to me
I'm now thinking I should ask for a G5 desktop and not get a powerbook at all...

I don't want to feel like I missed out on something a few weeks after I get my computer.

I would wait if it was my money ordering, but its not my money, I would not be able to afford it regardless

If by the end of this month the PB is not ordered by the company I'm working on a project for I will demand they delay it for October.

so far all the reading here is turning me off to the 17" I want anyway.

Wait if you can. late September at least.
Nazaire's Art - -- iMac 500 DV SE --- 17" PB

Link
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2003, 08:14 AM

If you can wait.. wait. I can't get a laptop until October AT THE EARLIEST here.. and I doubt I'll even be able to do it then.

Why? I might as well say.. lol.. my mom wants to start a business and while that's nice.. well.. yeah.. :sigh: there won't be a single reason why I can't afford it then.. she just wants to make it wait.. not that I can blame her.

Oh well... after the next revision I might.. but then there's probablity of an upcoming g5 powerbook after THAT.

:sigh:
Aloha

LeeG
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 7, 2003, 08:57 AM

Its amazing how many posts are made each day about the new powerbooks, yet NO ONE really has any idea when they are coming. Bummer, I will order a new 12" the second they come out.

Don't tell me to 'order one now, you wont regret it' - I know, the current 12" is a GREAT machine, but its 8 months old - realistically there will be a new one soon, and you always get mroe for your money with an upgrade (or can price the older model down after the upgrade is released)...

Please announce the new 12"!!

How is this related to the topic? no idea...

Lee
iPhone 3G 16Gb
24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 4GB/320GB/256MB
12" AlBook 1Ghz/768Mb/80Gb/Combo/AX

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Aug 7, 2003, 10:54 PM

Originally posted by LeeG:
... realistically there will be a new one soon ...
That's not necessarily true. The fewer current PowerBooks that are purchased, the longer it will take the current supply to get off the shelves and the longer Apple will take to put new ones out. If you REALLY want a revb 12" or a 15"Al PowerBook, you should be telling everyone who asks "should I buy now or wait" to buy now.

Forum Links
Forum Rules