Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook Lagging After waking from sleep

Macbook Lagging After waking from sleep
Flip500
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 14, 2007, 10:11 PM

My Macbook lagging after (extremely slowly) waking from sleep, I open my macbook and the screen stays black. So I hit the power button (not held) and continued to hit other keys, and after about 20 seconds or so the login window does pop up and i can log-in but once i do, everything on my computer lags, including the cursor. I got my computer, set it up and imported all my stuff through firewire, then upgraded to Leopard. I upgraded from my iBook g4 (running 10.3.9) and this is really my only problem.

p.s. i saw other threads like this but they were all unanswered and none of those people actually got then login window to appear.

loveanh
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 15, 2007, 12:59 AM

I have a new MP Pro (2.2ghz) and I have the same problem too.

Flip500  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2007, 08:48 AM

hmmmm have you tried calling apple? I think I'll try later today I (if i have time for the wait) and i'll tell you what they said.

P.S. did you install all your old files like i did?
( Last edited by Flip500; Nov 15, 2007 at 09:20 AM. )

loveanh
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 15, 2007, 12:01 PM

i'm going to see if this problem continues before i take it to apple

Flip500  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2007, 01:47 PM

apple said to just reset the power management system, I think this is the same process: Resetting MacBook and MacBook Pro System Management Controller (SMC) and they said that you might need reset the power management system after installing leopard. Don't take asking apple to heavily you did buy their computer.

loveanh
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 15, 2007, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Flip500 View Post
apple said to just reset the power management system, I think this is the same process: Resetting MacBook and MacBook Pro System Management Controller (SMC) and they said that you might need reset the power management system after installing leopard. Don't take asking apple to heavily you did buy their computer.
it said it should only be a last resort

Flip500  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2007, 03:36 PM

hmmm that is what i was told to do and my computer has been working until about 30 minutes ago when that happened again... i called they said it could be a hardware issue, i'm going to try resetting the power again and see how that goes becuase i'd obviously rather not have to send my new computer back...

loveanh
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 15, 2007, 03:51 PM

you don't have an Apple store near you? my MB Pro is only a couple of weeks old and I'd rather not let them take it apart

Flip500  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2007, 04:39 PM

yeah i feel the same way

Flip500  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2007, 11:53 PM

I think i'm going to go an trade my mbp for a new one at the apple store, i'll let you know how it goes after the jump

loveanh
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 16, 2007, 12:06 AM

are you within the 14 days? i bought mine from a member here, i wonder how they would handle mine?

Flip500  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2007, 09:38 PM

yeah, sorry to say but i went and exchanged my Macbook Pro for a new one, it is working great now. I was about 16 days from the purchase date, but had no problem exchanging the computer, i went back to the same store i bought it at too which helped. I think that you should be able to exchange your computer, especially since there is other people with these same problems. It also defiantly is time sensitive, having called apple helped because they had my problem on file showing that i'd called before the 14 days were up.

loveanh
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 21, 2007, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Flip500 View Post
yeah, sorry to say but i went and exchanged my Macbook Pro for a new one, it is working great now. I was about 16 days from the purchase date, but had no problem exchanging the computer, i went back to the same store i bought it at too which helped. I think that you should be able to exchange your computer, especially since there is other people with these same problems. It also defiantly is time sensitive, having called apple helped because they had my problem on file showing that i'd called before the 14 days were up.
I got my MB Pro from a member here on this forum so I don't have a receipt, it looks like I'm SOL.

Forum Links
Forum Rules