Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > networked printer help needed probably simple fix

networked printer help needed probably simple fix
adamj575
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 17, 2009, 07:55 AM

Ok heres the setup, a brother HL-4040CN printer connected to nothing but a belkin wireless n router! all windows computers are seeing this as a network called hcso gps then installing the driver on their pc's and viola. For whatever reason my airport cannot pick up this and see it as a network. I have tried setting it up as an ip printer but no luck. I was able to plug an ethernet cord to an open port on the router then to my macbook and it found the printer and printed and worked great. When i unplugged the ethernet cable i had the same problem. Im pretty sure it has something to do with airport not finding any network to connect to. Please help I need to connect to this printer and im the only one with a mac and no one else has a clue about them. Im pretty knowledgeable and just cant figure this one out. PLEASE help if you can!

PS I checked the brother site and it said to use the CUPS driver provided with leopard which i did, using the ethernet cable, so i know its not a driver issue.

zro
Mac Elite
Jan 17, 2009, 11:06 AM

Is your MacBook 802.11n compatible?

Are you adding the network manually or waiting for the SSID to show up?

adamj575  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 17, 2009, 05:18 PM

yeah its n compatible its a new aluminium one and ive tried entering the network manually and waiting for it to show up and no dice either way

Forum Links
Forum Rules