Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Interesting iPad2 confirmation?

Interesting iPad2 confirmation?
residentEvil
Professional Poster
Feb 18, 2011, 06:14 PM

One of my fav bands is sending out promo stuff for their new album coming out March 1st. One of the promo's is winning their new album pre-loaded on an iPad2. Now, it doesn't say you get it on March 1st, just says you get one. We know the iPad2 is coming, just not when.

I found it an interesting promo. The band isn't a fly-by-night operation either...they aren't one for tomfoolery.

Enter to Win Apple iPad2* from Dropkick Murphys - New Album "Going Out In Style" Out 3-1-11

Should I remove/mod remove the URL to keep out the spam? Should I just post a screen shot?

I'm NOT posting this link to win/get anything.

residentEvil  (op)
Professional Poster
Feb 18, 2011, 06:17 PM

This is the site's disclaimer about using the term iPad2:

*For the sake of expediency and clarity, the name “iPad2” is being used as a placeholder name until Apple displays and releases the 2nd-generation iPad, (the model following the first iPad, which was released April 3rd, 2010).

So it makes it sound like they know it is coming (like we all do), but not when or what it will be called. Still, interesting promo to specifically use/mention a product like that.

Cold Warrior
Feb 18, 2011, 06:37 PM

iPad 2 is coming at some point, which makes their assertion more of a promo than confirmation. I doubt a band would be privy to ipad 2's release schedule either.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 18, 2011, 06:39 PM

It is weird that someone made a mockup of an iPad with a camera on it.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Feb 18, 2011, 06:43 PM

I remember a few places did this with the iPhone 4... "win the next iPhone" or something like that.

residentEvil  (op)
Professional Poster
Feb 18, 2011, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
iPad 2 is coming at some point, which makes their assertion more of a promo than confirmation. I doubt a band would be privy to ipad 2's release schedule either.
ditto? think i said that

i meant that it's confirmation from the product's standpoint, as opposed to the WSJ or a rumor site saying the device will have this or that and come in many flavors.

residentEvil  (op)
Professional Poster
Feb 18, 2011, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
I remember a few places did this with the iPhone 4... "win the next iPhone" or something like that.
i didn't see/remember those. that was what i was getting at. was it from a real company/product? or from one of those places where you buy 10 other things and you get it?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Feb 18, 2011, 08:03 PM

Nope, it was definitely from legit companies. I can't remember specifics, but I especially remember one website doing it after the Gizmodo leak.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Feb 18, 2011, 11:27 PM

It's a leak! Call the lawyers!
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 19, 2011, 12:35 AM

Wait, so there's going to be ANOTHER iPad?????

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Forum Links
Forum Rules