Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Apple lowers refurb iPod prices--new ones on the way?

Apple lowers refurb iPod prices--new ones on the way?
chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 18, 2004, 10:13 PM

I just checked the Special Deals section of the Apple store. The 30GB refurb iPod costs $319. Last week it was $349. The 40GB refurb costs $379. Last week it was $399. I'm not certain but I think the 10 and 20GB models dropped too. If I were a gambling man I'd say new iPods are getting close, or else Apple is about to lower retail prices on the iPod.

Chris

kpne1home
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 18, 2004, 10:39 PM

Well, toshiba did just come out with 60gb hard drives, the ones that are in the ipods and it was reported that apple did buy a bunch of them so I would say yes, they are coming at WWDC

Komisar
Mac Elite
Jun 18, 2004, 10:54 PM

or maybe the refurbs arent selling?

chabig  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 18, 2004, 11:03 PM

Komisar might be right. Perhaps they needed to lower the refurb prices just to spur sales. I'm hopeful about WWDC, but it does seem like an odd venue for new iPods. The emphasis there should be on Tiger.

Chris

Komisar
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2004, 12:16 AM

yeah, once again.... a 60 gig wouldn't promote many sales its just a portable harddrive, once you go beyond 40 its not worth considering it an mp3 player anymore. Knowing jobs he is probably working on a smaller case design or just a knew interface all together, but i think there is no need for more expansion imho.

KidKit
Forum Regular
Jun 19, 2004, 01:04 AM

To chime in, the iPods are due for a refresh though, its been about half a year since the last update (mini & 10->15gb in Jan), and almost 3/4 of a year since the 20 and 40gb were update. So I'm quite hopeful about new ones at WWDC.

Although... Apple might just hold out longer if they are coming out with a whole new interface/design and all. In other words, we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and see what Steve pulls off in just a few days time!
mavafyipdq

Forum Links
Forum Rules