Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > TW2005 Shipping??

TW2005 Shipping??
satcomtim
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 24, 2005, 10:08 PM

Anyone heard when Tiger Woods 2005 is going to ship? I pre-ordered from Aspyr (Amazon) in July and saw that is was suppose to ship on Aug 15th, but I haven't heard anything and my order on Amazon is still OPEN.

Thanks,
Tim
Mine:15" PB 1.67 SD, 128 VRAM, 1.5 GB Ram, 100 GB HD ~Tiger~
Wife: 12" PB 1.5 SD, 512 Ram, 80 GB ~Tiger~

Starry Night
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 25, 2005, 05:05 AM

Inside Mac Games says it was released on 8/23, thus it shouldn't be long.......
Maui Moving Info and Social Commentary:
www.MauiMovingSource.org

Great Maui Boat Trips:
www.Kaulana-of-Maui.com

satcomtim  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2005, 08:31 PM

Got my shipping notice today, should be playing it this time tomorrow!

Starry Night
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 26, 2005, 01:07 AM

Cool, please report back with a review!
www.MauiMovingSource.org

Great Maui Boat Trips:
www.Kaulana-of-Maui.com

satcomtim  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 26, 2005, 09:02 PM

We'll its here and I've been playing for about 4 hours now. It runs fine on my 15" PB (see Sig for details). I did turn down a few settings, but I think I am going to turn them back up. Overall, I'm impressed with the playabilty on my PB.

Starry Night
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 26, 2005, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by satcomtim
We'll its here and I've been playing for about 4 hours now. It runs fine on my 15" PB (see Sig for details). I did turn down a few settings, but I think I am going to turn them back up. Overall, I'm impressed with the playabilty on my PB.
How does it compare with 2003?
www.MauiMovingSource.org

Great Maui Boat Trips:
www.Kaulana-of-Maui.com

satcomtim  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 26, 2005, 10:12 PM

Sorry I can't compare it to Mac TW2003. Im a "new" Mac user (found the light in March).

Starry Night
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 28, 2005, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by satcomtim
Sorry I can't compare it to Mac TW2003. Im a "new" Mac user (found the light in March).
Thanks anyway. I have TW 2003 and love it. Yet I'm waiting around for the reports to filter in before getting 2005.

Enjoy!
www.MauiMovingSource.org

Great Maui Boat Trips:
www.Kaulana-of-Maui.com

Footy
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2005, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Starry Night
Thanks anyway. I have TW 2003 and love it. Yet I'm waiting around for the reports to filter in before getting 2005.

Enjoy!
Okay I have it... Dual 1.3 G4, ATI 9800 128MB, 1.5 Gig RAM, 10.4.2

My 1.3 processor being the bottle neck since the minimum requirements are 1.2 G4, still runs pretty well after you setup the game. Actually if you do it right it's smooth as glass.

I've had to turn everything either off or to low, whatever the options allow , and the game still looks pretty good. Aspyr has given us two options in the video area of the options, Hardware 3D or Hardware Fixed. If I play in Hardware 3D everything must be turned down to low or off in order to play but I"m only getting 15-30 fps. Just a bit of lag with the swing of the club but it's pretty playable. However, if you use Hardware Fixed the game runs extremely smooth and frame rates run 50+ at all times. You do give up a bit with the Fixed option though, it turns off most of the ball camera views so that instead of panning with the ball the cameras are fixed in place. If you play in Fixed mode it just takes a bit of getting use to but I perfer it actually now.

If you have one of the better ATI cards you can download the ATI Control panel and set everything to "Best Quality" and it'll smooth the edges out for you since, unlike TW03, TW05 doesn't have an in game anti aliasing option (at least not in my game). I'm seeing absolutely no performance loss by doing so in either Hardware 3D or Hardware Fixed, yet the AA improvement is obvious.

If you want to see your frame rates you'll need to add a line to you TW2005.ini file which can be found in the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2005-->Data-->Bin Folders. Just open it up with TextEdit and add this line under what's in there:
---
Framerate=1
---
Now when you go in game you can just hit the r button like you did in TW03 and it'll give you your frame rates.

I've also added this line in my ini file under that Framerate=1 line:
---
[MacSettings]

ForceOnVAR=1
---
This is something that you could us in TW03 that is supposed to help some ATI cards run better in someway but you have to have at least 10.2.5 to use this line in the ini file. Not really nessasary since I'm not seeing any big improvement with it anyway.

Game play is a bit difrerent too. Putting is a bit more sensitive I think, you either come up just short of hit it way long. The flop which was so easy to use in TW03 isn't what is use to be but you'll fgure it out.

Hope this helps some.

Starry Night
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 29, 2005, 10:19 PM

Thanks for the great feedback!

I have a SP 1.25ghz G4 PM, 768MB with the 64MB ATI Radeon 9000 graphics card, 10.3.9. Do you think I'll be ok in the fixed hardware mode?
www.MauiMovingSource.org

Great Maui Boat Trips:
www.Kaulana-of-Maui.com

Footy
Mac Elite
Aug 29, 2005, 11:24 PM

Well your even worse off than I am bud so it's hard to say. I'm getting 50+ but more like 60 most of the time in Hareware Fixed mode so I'd have to say you'd be ok as well. Guess you could always ebay it if it doesn't work out for ya.

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Sep 9, 2005, 08:38 PM

Any other reviews? Can someone post some screen shots?

Forum Links
Forum Rules