Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Keyboard Problem with XP BootCamp

Keyboard Problem with XP BootCamp
Eric99
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2007, 05:46 PM

Bloggers-

I have been using Windows XP Pro on my MacBook Pro for a while now. The keyboard would always work fine. Today I went to turn on the Windows part of my computer and I couldn't type in my password. The trackpad worked fine though. Then I restarted my computer, still didn't work. Next I checked if my keyboard worked on the Mac part still. It did. So, I called Microsoft Support and asked them what I should do. I ended up speaking to someone who I could barely understand, but basically what I understoud was that he couldn't help me because it was an Apple computer. Then I called Apple Support, I was told that this is a known problem yet they couldn't help me because it wasn't a problem with the Apple Computer, yet it was a problem with the Microsoft Software. She said to call Microsoft back. Now I was a little angry, but I did call Microsoft back. Once again they said they couldn't help me. So that was when I went here for help.

-Eric

Eric99  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 8, 2007, 10:32 AM

bump

smithy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 22, 2007, 09:43 AM

Yeah I've had that. Not at the password stage but before - i'm using a util called Pagedefrag which runs after you get the xp screen at startup but before login. You can 'press any key' to abort defrag but periodically the keyboard is not recognised at this stage. (so you have to sit through a long boring defrag..doh)

Forum Links
Forum Rules