Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > huge ipad itunes bug!

huge ipad itunes bug!
phobos
Grizzled Veteran
May 20, 2010, 11:55 AM

Hi there I just found out a really strange bug on the ipod app on the ipad.
When you're listening to a podcast and you select the album artwork to change the chapter, it always goes to the first podcast of the list instead of just going to where you want it to go!!
Is it just me or have you guys face the same problem?
Let me know!

phobos  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2010, 06:28 AM

no one stumbled on this?

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
May 26, 2010, 08:25 AM

How is supposed to know "where you want it to go"? I imagine you mean that you want it to start playing the next unlistenedto track. That would be a nice feature, but I don't think it's a bug that it doesn't do that. I listen to *alot* of podcasts and none of my iPods have ever done that. I don't think iTunes even does that.

At best, you can tell iTunes to delete podcast tracks that have been listened to.

phobos  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2010, 08:41 AM

Let me explain myself.
A lot of podcasts have chapters. So instead of having to listen to a 2 hour thing you can go straight to the part you want to listen to.
Try it on the engadget or the itunes celebrity playlist podcast for example. (most of them have it. Another example is the macworld podcast)

On the iphone and ipod touch this works flawlessly.

On the ipad it's a whole different thing. Let's say that you have 3 podcasts (shows) on your engadget podcast.
If you select a chapter on the third podcast (show) instead of going there it goes on the corresponding chapter of the first podcast on the list.

Which is obviously not right.
Hope this clarifies things a little.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
May 26, 2010, 09:17 AM

ah! you're right, that would appear to be a bug, assuming iTunes is set to flag your podcast tracks to resume playing from the spot where you left off (which I'm assuming is the case given this has worked for you on other devices.)

Forum Links
Forum Rules