Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Backpack / bag / sleeve for your Mac Notebook? *Look here*

Backpack / bag / sleeve for your Mac Notebook? *Look here* (Page 3)
wavegroom
Oct 4, 2003, 08:57 AM

Originally posted by machem:
Wavegroom, I posted pictures of my WF #11 sleevecase:

http://homepage.mac.com/cmccallum/PhotoAlbum1.html

I found the fit to be very snug.
It looks not to bad on your photos... can you measure the bag (without pb)? so I can compare it to my bag....

thanks
Stage 4 * Shipping * 15" Alu / 1.25GHZ / Superdrive / 5400 RPM Disk

KP*
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 4, 2003, 03:20 PM

[Ignore this post -- the board won't let me delete it.]

machem
Forum Regular
Oct 4, 2003, 03:47 PM

Originally posted by wavegroom:
It looks not to bad on your photos... can you measure the bag (without pb)? so I can compare it to my bag....

thanks
Hold on --- just saw this. You say "not too bad", but it really is snug --- I can't put it in one-handed, for example.

PB width: 13 11/16 " (34.8 cm)

Bag "loose" width (inside lining): 13 3/4 " (34.9 cm)

Of course, being so close, the bag inner lining width depends upon how loose it is sitting.

HTH

wavegroom
Oct 4, 2003, 04:24 PM

Bag "loose" width (inside lining): 13 3/4 " (34.9 cm)
HTH [/B]
can you measure the bag "outside" ?
so I can it compare to my bag....
with "not to bad" I mean good.... I'm always saying in german "nicht schlecht", and for me it means it's ok... english is not my native language, so sometimes it could happen that I misunderstand somebody or vice versa.

thanks
Stage 4 * Shipping * 15" Alu / 1.25GHZ / Superdrive / 5400 RPM Disk

Mithras
Professional Poster
Oct 4, 2003, 04:44 PM

Originally posted by in the flesh?:
i am torn between the maccase: http://www.jambags.com/MacCase%20Sleeves.htm and the zeroshock: http://shinza.com/product_info.php?p...b60a42043d6874

i will be using it to protect my 12" pb when i put it into my backpack while walking around campus, the bus, etc.
I just bought a ZeroShock for my TiBook, and I like it pretty well. Of course, I haven't seen the MacCase sleeve in person...

But just from the photos, the MacCase sleeve looks a little chintzy to me, with the window cutouts, macCase logo... I like the trim look & feel of my ZeroShock.

One thing to be clear about, is that the ZeroShock is kind of stiff -- you might want that, and I like it okay, but I might have preferred something more snug & form-fitting.

in the flesh?
Forum Regular
Oct 4, 2003, 05:31 PM

i am pretty sure i am getting the zeroshock. i am looking for a case to keep my powerbook safe in my backpack.

n_lim
Forum Regular
Oct 4, 2003, 05:37 PM

The zeroshock is pretty cool. It is more rigid than most sleeves, but still pretty slim and it covers all edges without an opening anywhere which is definitely good. It isn't as form fitting as some of the other sleeves, but it does offer a good amount of protection without thickness.
12" Al 867|60GB|SD

stotan
Oct 4, 2003, 08:16 PM

anyone know if the zeroshock case will fit the new 15 inch al books?
cuz the new al book is a bit bigger than the Ti right?

ligux
Forum Regular
Oct 5, 2003, 11:12 AM

Good job , i have bookmarked it.
-Mac G4 867, 240Gb HD, +1gb Ram . OS9.2.2 and OS X 10,2,8
-iPod 10 Gb
-PB 12'' 1Ghz 768 RAM + AirPort Extreme OS X 10.2.8

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 5, 2003, 01:37 PM

I have been real impressed with Waterfield. I haven't received my Cargo bag yet, but the customer service has been excellent.

When I was considering ordering the Cargo bag, the only thing turning me off from it were the leather handles. I am vegan and don't buy products that use leather. So I e-mailed Gary and asked if there was a way to replace the leather with something else. He was very helpful and said it would be no problem. He also pointed out that the business card holder uses leather too and he could replace that as well. He is custom building a bag for me right now. I have had to wait an extra week, but that is to be expected.

I will let you all know what I think of the bag when I get it. And if there are any other non-leather users out there, I think he made a few of these if you are interested.

-b

Vann Koover
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 5, 2003, 03:57 PM

How about the Mega-Media Bag from RoadWired?
http://www.roadwired.com/store/Produ...=1&Productid=6

Does anyone own this or have any comments on it?

ulmer
Oct 7, 2003, 01:24 PM

Just got my Timbuk2 Commute today and it's great! Will be much easier to carry than the 15" Brenthaven model Apple sells that I've been using for the last year.

It's got tons of accessory compartments and is made of a vinyl lined nylon that is essentially waterproof.

You can order from Timbuk2 directly or from Apple with your computer order for the same price, $100. Not a bad deal and free shipping from Apple...

badtz
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2003, 03:11 PM

http://www.ebags.com/Trager/Hipster...?_site_ID=25

Does anyone happen to have this bag? I'm very curious in this bag but I can't find a lot of information on it, other than from ebags and tragerusa.com [which doesn't say much].

I'm wondering ...

1. is the shoulder straps removable?

2. etc.?

maybe some photos?

I'm trying to decide between this bag, the Microtech Laptop Bag, and the Chrome Sputnik or Commodore bags ....

Lattimer  (op)
Oct 7, 2003, 05:31 PM

The link isn't working for me...
"God bless America. Let's save some of it." --Edward Abbey
More

Lattimer  (op)
Oct 7, 2003, 05:34 PM

To ulmer and KP* -

How waterproof do you think the Commute is? Would you take it through a rainstorm with your PB in it? I really need something that I can ride to work with and not worry about anything getting wet. The reason I'm leaning towards the Commute is becauese it has a grab handle...haven't seen any other waterproof courier bags with that. Thanks in advance!

Lattimer
More

badtz
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2003, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by Lattimer:
The link isn't working for me...
http://www.ebags.com/products/index.cfm?ModelID=6418

that link should work

machem
Forum Regular
Oct 7, 2003, 09:12 PM

Lattimer, in my experience, Timbuk2 bags are waterproof, but like all messenger bags, the fuller it is, the less able it is to keep things inside dry when it is really pouring. Timbuk2s have four velcro areas I think, and two cinch straps, so they are as effective as a messenger bag can be.

I received my Crumpler Crisp Suit today (just in time --- my AlBook goes into repair tomorrow). It is better for me than the Cozmo I bought earlier --- much more gadget space and so on.

I posted pictures and comparisons at

http://homepage.mac.com/cmccallum/PhotoAlbum3.html

Hope it helps someone.

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 7, 2003, 10:54 PM

machem: What happened to your PB?

-b

machem
Forum Regular
Oct 7, 2003, 11:43 PM

Originally posted by aapljack:
machem: What happened to your PB?

-b
It got all spotty.

Hopefully I'll have it back in a week.

I'm trying not to think about it. I'm going to use my wife's iBook at work until then.

machem
Forum Regular
Oct 8, 2003, 12:33 PM

I received an email from someone about the Crumpler bag. I thought I'd post it here since others may have the same questions:

Okay so I've bored you long enough with my story let me get down to the questions. Have you found the Crisp Suit to be spacious? Believe it or not there is a review on eBags that says it will hold a laptop and not much else. I'm worried becuase I'm dealing with that problem right now with my Waterfield and had a similar problem with a Timbuk2 Commute Bag. Also it appears as though there are side compression straps, is that the case? Also do you have any side views of the bag? I'm curious how bulky the bag is when carrying the basics (notebook, folders ect.)

Well, it depends on what you want to carry around. Today I put a 15" AlBook, a 12 iBook dual USB, a full-size FW HD + cables and my lunch in it, and I had room to spare (though because of the peculiar load today, it would have to be many small things).
The WF has much more space for notebooks, books, etcetera, but it had very little in the way of gadget space: two small pockets, one large pocket, and one tiny pocket (this is the Cozmo).

I would say if I wasn't carrying the extra hardware, I'd be able to carry one 2" binder, a textbook and some papers easily.
One of the strengths of the bag, I'd say, is that you can put this stuff in many different places, so you can experiment with balancing an awkward load.

I'm used to a Timbuk2 DeeDog (the second-largest pure messenger bag they make), and I'd say considering the different way space is organized (more pockets in the Crumpler, by the way, that's saying something as the Timbuk2 has tons of pockets and so on), and I'm pretty happy so far (but keep in mind I have had the thing about 12 hours).

I don't have my camera here, but one thing I was suprised (and happy) to find out was that this bag has some structure; In other words, I can set it on the floor and not worry about it falling over. It has a padded, flat bottom, but somehow still "looks" like a messenger bag. Imagine your Tiimbuk2 with a box insert. With the flap open, from the side, it looks like a hard case. It is heavy because of all the extra material and padding, but it feels comfortable when worn.

One small complaint: It has a buckle to take up slack in the strap (very similar to Timbuk2's), but it sits a bit high on the strap. I'd prefer it to be a bit lower, in the style of Timbuk2. This is the only complaint I have so far.

I had originally thought of getting a regular Timbuk2 but unfortunatelly their built to order options have nearly disappeared and as of late I've found their customer servie lacking.

Oh? That saddens me. I really like and respect Timbuk2, I've used them since their first year of existence. It was hard for me to buy from someone else, even though I couldn't find quite what I wanted from them.

Lastly do you know where the bag is manufactured?

Vietnam.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Lattimer  (op)
Oct 8, 2003, 02:27 PM

machem-

Thanks for the info man!

Which bag do you like better, the Crisp Suit or the Commute? I checked out Crumpler's website, and it looks like their bag is waterproof too. Which do you think would be more waterproof?

Lastly, any chance you could snap a couple of comparison pics of the Suit and the Commute next to each other?

Thanks!

Lattimer
More

machem
Forum Regular
Oct 8, 2003, 03:27 PM

Originally posted by Lattimer:
machem-

Thanks for the info man!

Which bag do you like better, the Crisp Suit or the Commute? I checked out Crumpler's website, and it looks like their bag is waterproof too. Which do you think would be more waterproof?

Lastly, any chance you could snap a couple of comparison pics of the Suit and the Commute next to each other?

Thanks!

Lattimer
My Sister and Brother-in-law were just in Iceland, swimming around in the cooliing ponds.

Anyway, I don't actually have a Timbuk2 Commute, so I can't compare one side-by-side with the Crisp Suit. That being said, I think I'd still prefer the Crumpler. I know it is bigger (published dimensions), and it has more zippers, pockets, etc. The inside is a deep burnt orange instead of black (Timbuk2), which helps locate things in there. I just performed my own tests with my mug of water, and while the Crumpler is certainly water proof, and the inside lining beads water, I don't know if it is as robust as the Timbuk2, which is actually coated with rubber/plastic stuff. Probably the Timbuk2 is better in that regard (at least in "soak-through" from the outside.

HTH

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 8, 2003, 05:17 PM

I just received my Waterfield Cargo bag. Looks great. Nice, solid construction. I don't have my PB at work with me (since I had no bag to carry it in), but I will post about it's fit in the sleeve (#11) and the bag and will try to get some pics up tonite!

-b

Lattimer  (op)
Oct 8, 2003, 05:53 PM

My Sister and Brother-in-law were just in Iceland, swimming around in the cooliing ponds.

Anyway, I don't actually have a Timbuk2 Commute, so I can't compare one side-by-side with the Crisp Suit. That being said, I think I'd still prefer the Crumpler. I know it is bigger (published dimensions), and it has more zippers, pockets, etc. The inside is a deep burnt orange instead of black (Timbuk2), which helps locate things in there. I just performed my own tests with my mug of water, and while the Crumpler is certainly water proof, and the inside lining beads water, I don't know if it is as robust as the Timbuk2, which is actually coated with rubber/plastic stuff. Probably the Timbuk2 is better in that regard (at least in "soak-through" from the outside.

HTH
Cool...thanks man. I'm leaning towards the commute for the more "robust" waterproofness. It gets pretty wet out here, and I commute to work 3 days a week on my bicycle, so that's obviously my biggest concern.

Although I do like the "stand up" feature of the Crumpler bags....

Lattimer
More

halki
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 8, 2003, 06:57 PM

Anyone got a Tucano second skin for the 15" powerbook. The guy in the apple store threw one in free when I ordered my powerbook today. He did'nt have any in stock so I could'nt see it. Are they any good?

nate_02
Senior User
Oct 9, 2003, 12:24 AM

Just got my Timbuk2 bag today and it is great!! It seems to be built well and although I don't have my PB yet (if it ever ships, hopefully I'll have it in a week), I tried my brother's PB and it fits perfectly.

It will be able to accomodate all of my accessories, and a notebook for school.

Best of all, it doesn't look like a laptop bag.
-nate

nate_02
Senior User
Oct 9, 2003, 12:25 AM

Originally posted by nate_02:
Just got my Timbuk2 bag today and it is great!! It seems to be built well and although I don't have my PB yet (if it ever ships, hopefully I'll have it in a week), I tried my brother's PB and it fits perfectly.

It will be able to accomodate all of my accessories, and a notebook for school.

Best of all, it doesn't look like a laptop bag.
By the way, the bag I bought was the commute.
-nate

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 9, 2003, 01:50 AM

Well, as I said above, I got my Waterfield Cargo bag today. The bag is great with plenty of pockets all over. There is a good amount of space inside the bag, even with the powerbook and sleeve inside. I have a couple of books in there right now. The pocket on the back is great for magazines and the pocket on the front is convenient.

Anyway, I posted up some pics of it with my Powerbook AL15. Check it!

-b

edit: Thought I should mention that I got mine made with no leather. That is why the leather is absent on the handles.
( Last edited by aapljack; Oct 9, 2003 at 03:47 AM. )

acadian
Senior User
Oct 9, 2003, 02:56 AM

Just ordered this:

Sportfolio
people ruin everything....

crispinwilliams
Oct 9, 2003, 12:37 PM

I have the waterfield cargo plus sleeve that I got for a tibook.. and recently the crumpler crisp suit for a 17 inch pb. Both are excellent quality bags.. but IMHO the crumpler is much better value .. especially as crumpler were running a special deal at the time if you ordered the grey colour and they also shipped for free. The Crisp Suit fits the 17 inch pb like a glove.

machem
Forum Regular
Oct 9, 2003, 01:19 PM

Originally posted by crispinwilliams:
I have the waterfield cargo plus sleeve that I got for a tibook.. and recently the crumpler crisp suit for a 17 inch pb. Both are excellent quality bags.. but IMHO the crumpler is much better value .. especially as crumpler were running a special deal at the time if you ordered the grey colour and they also shipped for free. The Crisp Suit fits the 17 inch pb like a glove.
You can get Crumpler's Very Busy Man for $100 or the Crisp Suit for $111 (+shipping) from www.cravedweasel.com. That's where I purchased mine, and I was pleased with the transaction.

Value-wise, I'd have to say the Crumpler is much better than the WF, though the WF positively oozes quality.

BTW, my wife also stole my #11 sleevecase for her (AUGH) Dell (work-supplied). It doesn't even really fit, but rather than argue with her, I'm going to buy the (proper) #6 for her Dell and get my #11 back.

Cop Rock
Oct 9, 2003, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by aapljack:
Well, as I said above, I got my Waterfield Cargo bag today. The bag is great with plenty of pockets all over. There is a good amount of space inside the bag, even with the powerbook and sleeve inside. I have a couple of books in there right now. The pocket on the back is great for magazines and the pocket on the front is convenient.

Anyway, I posted up some pics of it with my Powerbook AL15. Check it!

-b

edit: Thought I should mention that I got mine made with no leather. That is why the leather is absent on the handles.
Which size Cargo Bag is that?

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 9, 2003, 06:10 PM

Originally posted by Cop Rock:
Which size Cargo Bag is that?
It is the medium Cargo bag.

-b

hazelnutcoffeeg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 9, 2003, 07:00 PM

I ordered the designer slim in gray flannel from Acme Made. I spoke with Mark today about when it would be here. He was quite helpful and really nice.
I'll let you guys know how wel it fits my pbG4 15" when they both arrive. the anticipation is killing me.

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Oct 11, 2003, 01:14 PM

I just received the Waterfield racer-x bag for my new 15" al.

Its excellent, very well constructed, a nice snug fit. I'd recommend it.

I was debating between this and the booqbaq's powersleave. I emailed both and gary at waterfield answered in a timely manner. Booqbags took a number of emails and a couple of weeks. I also heard (in this thread?) the strap is rather flimsey.

I have no regrets, its not as small as the powersleeve, but its small enough that the bag isn't overpowering. I'm not one who needs to pack a lot for my laptop and so a small bag beats out lugging a big ol beast around.

Mike

flukewurm
Oct 12, 2003, 02:13 AM

errr..

i JUST purchased my first mac.. 15" Al PB.

i want to pamper this baby without spending an arm and a leg.. im pretty much looking for a good rugged protective sleeve that zips up and is water resistant. i will probably be carrying this (along with accessories, mouse, ethernet cables, etc) in a $20 POS messenger bag from ebay or whatever..

ive been browsing these links for nearly 2 hours now but i cant seem to find this combination of features...

edit: http://www.marware.com/SFSleeves.html - heres a possible candidate.. does neoprene automatically mean it would be water/weather resistant?

http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=19 - hrm.. it specifically says weather resistant.. but a little pricy and i dont see a zipper for the laptop compartment, just a flap.

http://shinza.com/product_info.php?p...b60a42043d6874 - i would LOVE for this to be weather resistant... this would be perfect. but i see NOTHING on the page which hints towards this.

http://www.jambags.com/MacCase%20Sleeves.htm - very close again.. but zipperless design. they say this is an advantage cuz zippers will cause scratches. is this always true with something like an aluminum powerbook?
( Last edited by flukewurm; Oct 12, 2003 at 06:26 AM. )

slider
Mac Elite
Oct 12, 2003, 11:30 AM

Hi folks,

I've had my PowerBook for about three days now and have been using the Waterfield designs sleeve from www.sfbags.com. I personally don't care for the excess of the large carry bags and prefer the minimalist sleeve which reflects the slim design of the powerbook. I can highly recommend this bag, I have bumped it around a bit and with it's ballistic nylon it provides and soft inner shell it has ample protection. This powerbook has so much built-in you really don't need a lot of extra room. There is the extra piggyback, which you can attach and detach as needed. I got mine with the flap and d-rings with suspension strap in the vertical configuration.

machem
Forum Regular
Oct 12, 2003, 02:33 PM

Neoprene is quite heavy, but absorbs shock very well. Most actual bags don't use it due to its weight. Sleeves are the exception.

bscott433
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 13, 2003, 10:19 PM

Racer X from Waterfield anyone?

I ordered one today for my 15" Al book. It looked like the best for my uses. I wanted the smallest case that could still carry the power supply, a network cable, and a small DVD/CD case. I do travel by plane frequently, so I needed a decent carry on bag.

Any opinions????

Bonhomme7heures
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 13, 2003, 10:53 PM

Hi,

I'm still waiting for my 15". So I decided to start shopping for a sleeve and a bag.

Could anyone give me a review of MARWARE's Sportfolio Sleeves?

http://www.marware.com/SFSleeves.html

Does it fit well?

Worth the price?

Thanx in advance

pgolf
Oct 14, 2003, 06:56 PM

just received the Walk-O-Phone by Crumpler. It fits the 15" AlBook perfectly, nice and snug with enough room to slide it in and out easily. The bag is EXTREMELY well padded and a lot bigger than i expected. Love the numerous zippers and pockets!

jiholl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 14, 2003, 07:41 PM

Does anyone have a size comparison beween the Crumpler bags and the Waterfield Medium Cargo....I have the Cargo and am thiinking about getting a Crumpler....can't tell from a real world standpoint if Wack-O phone or Very Busy Man is closer to Waterfield Medium Cargo in size and capacity....also...a couple of questions re Crumplers: Do you feel lack of carry handle is annoying?...Curious about that zipper on the back of the fold over cover? Does it extend down the back of the bag behind he laptop section or is it a pocket on the inside of the lid? Finally, does lack of any real outside pockets get annoying as well? Thanks

pgolf
Oct 15, 2003, 09:52 AM

Do you feel lack of carry handle is annoying?...Curious about that zipper on the back of the fold over cover? Does it extend down the back of the bag behind he laptop section or is it a pocket on the inside of the lid? Finally, does lack of any real outside pockets get annoying as well?
No handle is not a biggie for me. I have a 4 yr. old Timbuk2, handles wasn't an option back then. What would have been nice is an outside pocket to put magazines in. As for the zipper on cover thing, it's a large pocket behind the inside lid.

BTW, the crumpler site said the width of the bag is 14" or 15", but that's from the narrowest point.

Rain
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 15, 2003, 09:24 PM

Does anyone know how long it takes Shinza.com to deliver the Zeroshock sleeve via USPS to Canada?

It's been over two weeks and I still haven't received my order. Kinda getting worried here

EvanV
Forum Regular
Oct 16, 2003, 01:34 AM

Anyone have this bag:

http://www.goincase.com/DetailLaptopPackSling.php

Looks neat. I am thinking about getting it.

crispinwilliams
Oct 16, 2003, 09:43 AM

Originally posted by jiholl:
Does anyone have a size comparison beween the Crumpler bags and the Waterfield Medium Cargo....I have the Cargo and am thiinking about getting a Crumpler....can't tell from a real world standpoint if Wack-O phone or Very Busy Man is closer to Waterfield Medium Cargo in size and capacity....also...a couple of questions re Crumplers: Do you feel lack of carry handle is annoying?...Curious about that zipper on the back of the fold over cover? Does it extend down the back of the bag behind he laptop section or is it a pocket on the inside of the lid? Finally, does lack of any real outside pockets get annoying as well? Thanks
I have a WF large Cargo and a crumpler crisp suit.. and certainly the carrying handles of the WF are a big plus.. With the crumpler - I have shortened the shoulder strap such that it rides very high on my body when I use the strap on the shoulder (actually it sits well like this and is very comfortable) .. thus this shorten shoulder strap I can use as a handle if I want. The zipper accesses into a pocket behind the laptop section. I don't miss the lack of outside pockets.
The reason why I went for the large cargo rather than the medium was for its ability to stand by itself.. I am somewhat surprised to find that the crumpler crisp suit stands even better than the large cargo (this may not be true for the smaller crumpler bags). Of the two bags - I much prefer the crumpler

jiholl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 16, 2003, 11:53 AM

Crispinwilliams....thanks so much for that comparison...size wise...is the Crumpler you have similar to large cargo? I have the medium cargo and am thinking of getting the Very Busy Man ot the Wack-o-phone size...largest Crumpler will be to big for me but I have seen lage Waterfield Cargo so your reply will give me a good idea of the Crumpler sizes...thanks....oh one more thing, I am suprised also to hear that the Crumpler Stands on its own...I did not like the "rigidity" of the Large Cargo...the Crumplers look...online at least, like you could "squish" them some? Is that true?

crispinwilliams
Oct 17, 2003, 01:37 AM

Originally posted by jiholl:
Crispinwilliams....thanks so much for that comparison...size wise...is the Crumpler you have similar to large cargo? I have the medium cargo and am thinking of getting the Very Busy Man ot the Wack-o-phone size...largest Crumpler will be to big for me but I have seen lage Waterfield Cargo so your reply will give me a good idea of the Crumpler sizes...thanks....oh one more thing, I am suprised also to hear that the Crumpler Stands on its own...I did not like the "rigidity" of the Large Cargo...the Crumplers look...online at least, like you could "squish" them some? Is that true?
I can only talk about the crumpler crisp suit since that is the one I have - It fits the 17 inch pb like a glove. Sizewise the crisp suit and the large cargo similar (but as described below the crisp suit has more depth).. as you say the crumpler is more squishy... which makes it more more comfortable to wear on the back. However the crumpler comes with a lot of padding built it - so it has more depth than the large cargo - and more pockets. It (crisp suit) sits on the floor in a very stable fashion - more stable than the large cargo but at the same time the bag itself is much less rigid than the large cargo since it is constructed of soft padded pads. The inside lining is dark orange - I find this more attractive than the large cargo yellow - all in all - the large cargo is more like a briefcase - while the crumpler is more like a messenger bag. The crumpler I found much better value than the waterfield designs and certainly the quality of the products (zippers, seams etc) is very high in both cases.

DanielPritchard
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 20, 2003, 04:00 PM

They have this messenger bag at the Gap with an orange laptop sleeve inside. As a PowerBook bag it's okay... my 12" fits okay, but a 15" would probably fit very nicely.

The advantage is, besides the laptop sleeve, it's a real messenger bag as well. It's roomy--it holds my huge Stats book and notebooks. You can also take the sleeve out. It's a very nifty bag.

To top all this off, it's only $19.99 now. (I think it was $34.99 when I bought it at back-to-school time.

So I recommend this strongly to anyone who wants to take their PowerBook to class with them.

Get it here, from Amazon.com

Blackstealth
Oct 21, 2003, 04:13 PM

Originally posted by halki:
Anyone got a Tucano second skin for the 15" powerbook. The guy in the apple store threw one in free when I ordered my powerbook today. He did'nt have any in stock so I could'nt see it. Are they any good?
I ordered one with my PB the day after the expo. Seems perfectly fine, the PowerBook fits snuggly inside the sleeve and keeps it seperated from my books and other junk until my Brenthaven bag arrives...
It's arrived - 15" PB 1.25Ghz - Damn is this a fine machine!

Forum Links
Forum Rules