Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > The Lid/Screen

The Lid/Screen
Shawn_230
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2006, 12:20 AM

I know this is a common problem among MPB owners, or at least I know a few others have complained about this.

The top part of my MPB sits a few millimeters above the bottom part when closed which is quite a noticeable gap. Not only does it not look nice, but whenever you push the top part down it makes a little noise which is annoying.

My question is, is there anyway to tighten this damn thing? It is driving me insane...

eatinwokout
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 23, 2006, 03:18 AM

If this is such a common issue, did you try searching for a solution. I know mine sits a little higher on the left than the right when closed. It's not a big deal when you stop and think about what you would do if a "real" MBP issue.

MichiganRich
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 23, 2006, 11:01 PM

My biggest problem with the MBP's is the persistent whine. From the owners.

Shawn_230  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2006, 02:40 AM

You don't have to be a jackass if you can't help. If tightening a few screws can keep my $2,500 investment from rattling whenever I move it, should I not even ask just because you might be inconvienced by having to read my thread?

meatyocre
Oct 24, 2006, 09:34 AM

Had the same problem here. Get a Shaggymac MacBook Prp Screen Protector and it will not only protect your screen when traveling, clean your screen, it will eliminate the "gap rattle". Works like a charm, and its one of my favorite MacBook Pro accessories.

Shawn_230  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2006, 07:27 PM

They look just like the RadTech offerings... probably bought from the same Chinese vendor.

I'll check those out, thanks for the reply.

Forum Links
Forum Rules