Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook Purchase Help!

Macbook Purchase Help!
stugots
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2006, 09:54 AM

Hey everyone,

I’m looking to buy the 2.0 Macbook however; I know the next release of OS X is coming this spring. I’ve been a Windows guy my whole life but I’m sick of dealing with the typical Windows junk. After playing with a friends Mac and doing hours and hours of reading I’m sure a Mac is the way to go. Anyway, my question is; should I wait for the release of Leopard or should I go ahead a get the current Macbook and upgrade when Leopard is released? Will the hardware specs change for the Macbook when Leopard is released? I’m looking at the current 2.0 Macbook White.

clockworkwar
Oct 28, 2006, 10:37 AM

You should buy now, A. because your going to have to wait for ages. and B. when leopard comes out, the only difference is the increased x64bit technology which at current is x32 on current Macbooks.

It will be fine, aslong as your not doing 'heavy' work.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Oct 28, 2006, 10:50 AM

Leopard (and future apps) are only going to become more dependant on the GPU. A new revision of the MacBook early next year should come with a new chipset (965GM) and new GPU (GMA3000).

stugots  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2006, 10:35 PM

Well I decided to get the Macbook White, 80GB HD, 1 Gig RAM, Super Drive. So far it's great I don't know why it took me this long to make the switch. Thanks for the help!

ctsport
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2006, 02:21 AM

i say get it now
20'' iMac 2.16 C2D: 2GB
red (product) iPod nano
iPod shuffle
up next: macbook C2D

Forum Links
Forum Rules