Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Record from iSight automatically when motion is detected in the picture

Record from iSight automatically when motion is detected in the picture
mojo5436
Mar 22, 2007, 01:57 PM

I'm curious to know if anyone has heard of any software that can detect motion through the iSight, and when it does, start recording. I remember an application many many years ago that did this, but it ran in OS9/8/7? I have no idea what it was called and haven't been able to find something similar. I'll be going on a cruise in April and would like to have my Macbook Pro setup on the desk (locked to something of course) and have the application running.

We believe someone had stolen some money we had hid away on the last cruise we went on but weren't completely certain. This would take the guess work out of it and also have some incriminating evidence if something did go missing. People definitely aren't lying when they talk about this happening on cruise ships.
MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz C2D 2 GB SDRAM 7200 100GB Glossy
Power Mac G4/400Mhz/AGP Graphics

cybergoober
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2007, 02:47 PM

I believe EvoCam can do this.

edit: SecuritySpy looks like it supports this as well.

Forum Links
Forum Rules