Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Problems with 9.2.1 and installing OS X...

Problems with 9.2.1 and installing OS X...
jguidroz
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2001, 09:10 AM

I was running 9.1 and OS X perfectly fine and I can install from my cd perfectly fine.

Well I started having trouble with my lcd screen and had to send it back to apple to be replaced. Well before I did that, I reformatted the whole drive and put 9.2.1 on my powerbook. Well I now have my fixed powerbook back in with 9.2.1. Problem is, startup disk can no longer select my OS X cd as the startup disk. The installer on the OS X disk hangs because it can't select the disk for startup. And I can't startup from the CD for the same reason. Does anyone know how I can install X without going back to 9.1 or waiting for 10.1??
B&W G3/300 OS X 10.3 Server
AL G4/1.5 OS X 10.3
Next computer G5/3.X Ghz OS X 10.x.x

Forum Links
Forum Rules