Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > USB Trouble

USB Trouble
mattchachu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 14, 2005, 01:35 PM

To copy photos from my old digital camera onto a cd, used to be easy. I could do it without having to install the pictures on my computer. I plug the camera into the USB, the little USB icon pops up, and I drag the files from there, to the finder.

With my new camera, however, no icon pops up. It makes it a little more inconvenient to copy photos. I was wondering if anyone knew why this happens or how I could view what is on my camera's memory card without uploading all of my pictures.

Also, there is no problem with the camera being recognized. iPhoto still opens and asks if I want to install all of the pictures.

-Matt

E's Lil Theorem
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2005, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by mattchachu
... how I could view what is on my camera's memory card without uploading all of my pictures. ...

-Matt
You can use Image Capture to view the photos without copying them to your HD. Then if so you choose, you can copy some or all of them to a folder (on your HD) you specify.

Forum Links
Forum Rules